I need MinecraftEDU Version 1.8 ... does anyone knows something about the timeline?

Andreas Schenkel

Jan 16, 2016, 4:53:36 AM1/16/16
to Minecraft Teachers
I need MinecraftEDU Version 1.8 ... does anyone knows something about the timeline?
When will it be published in 2016? Are there any information about this?

Matt Coia

Jan 16, 2016, 6:55:52 AM1/16/16
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Andreas,

There is no date available and no guarantee of a 1.8 release. I know they have looked at it but I also know there are tremendous hurdles.

On Saturday, January 16, 2016, Andreas Schenkel <andreas.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need MinecraftEDU Version 1.8 ... does anyone knows something about the timeline?
When will it be published in 2016? Are there any information about this?

David Hawkins

Feb 12, 2016, 2:13:53 PM2/12/16
to Minecraft Teachers
What are you looking to do? There might be some mods that could help you.

George Boyce

Mar 18, 2016, 6:12:29 PM3/18/16
to Minecraft Teachers, andreas.sc...@gmail.com
I see a 1.8.9 development version is available. Has anyone here tried it out?

Matt Coia

Mar 18, 2016, 6:20:32 PM3/18/16
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
I have had a chance to help debug some of the issues as the dev team was working on it. It's been working well but needs thorough testing. It is definitely still a dev version so I wouldn't recommend that anyone goes and changes over a complete lab quite yet. But I hope people try it out soon so any potential bugs are discovered quickly.