How to access MinecraftEdu world library in 2019?

Pat James

Mar 25, 2019, 4:38:44 PM3/25/19
to Minecraft Teachers
As of a few weeks ago, the old MinecraftEdu world library was still online with doanloads available at https://worlds.education.minecraft.net

Now, that domain just redirects to the Minecraft Education Edition site, and I can't seem to locate the old library of worlds to download.

Has it moved to a different domain or URL?

-Pat James

Estela Gonzales

Mar 26, 2019, 1:27:33 AM3/26/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Wow, you are right it is redirecting. 😲not cool. I was just on there last week downloading a world. Now I wish I would have downloaded more. Aren’t these worlds own by individuals and not MinecraftEDU?

Cathy Cheo-Isaacs

Mar 26, 2019, 5:11:54 AM3/26/19
to Minecraft Teachers
https://education.minecraft.net/class-resources/worlds/

Is this the page you’re looking for?

Samuel A

Mar 26, 2019, 5:17:17 AM3/26/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I think those are MC:EE worlds and will not work with minecraftedu, however I think there is a way to convert them. I also think they arent worlds by the general public, they are by groups of people or youtubers etc

Samuel A

Mar 26, 2019, 5:19:56 AM3/26/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I just had a look on google and it looks like minecraftedu's documentation has been taken down aswell.

EduElfie

Mar 27, 2019, 1:20:41 AM3/27/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I had noticed this on the weekend Pat, and have asked the Minecraft Education team to chase it up and give us some info. They have said that they will not have time to do so until mid April, sadly.

The information is still accessible if you use google cached search, but the worlds, sadly I haven't been able to figure a way around.

I will let you know if/when I hear something, or figure a workaround!

Elfie.

Aleksi Postari

Mar 28, 2019, 6:15:00 AM3/28/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Hey guys,

I was shutting down some older MinecraftEdu servers earlier this week which might have caused these issues, but might also be on education version's end. I'll have a look at this later this week / early next week. Thanks for spotting the problem! :)

Anita Jennings

Mar 28, 2019, 9:15:21 AM3/28/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful news! Thank you for the update.

We would be lost without our EDUWorlds!
Anita Jennings

Anita Jennings
Computer Lab Assistant

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:15 AM Aleksi Postari <ale...@teachergaming.com> wrote:
Hey guys,

 I was shutting down some older MinecraftEdu servers earlier this week which might have caused these issues, but might also be on education version's end. I'll have a look at this later this week / early next week. Thanks for spotting the problem! :)

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Aleksi Postari

Mar 29, 2019, 9:53:44 AM3/29/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Alright folks! I think that there really are problems in Microsoft's end. HOWEVER – I've managed to put backup of the old wiki and world library back live. You can access all your loved worlds and informative wiki articles from these locations. If you get redirected to education.minecraft.net when trying to access the links, you need to use fresh browser or empty your browser's cache.

Anita Jennings

Mar 29, 2019, 11:54:34 AM3/29/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful news!
Thank you for taking the time!
Anita Jennings

Anita Jennings
Computer Lab Assistant

Estela Gonzales

Mar 30, 2019, 8:53:43 PM3/30/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Thank you!

Terrence Smith

Apr 1, 2019, 12:29:10 PM4/1/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to modify these maps to make them work properly in Minecraft Vanilla?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 8:53 PM Estela Gonzales <egon...@rowlandschools.org> wrote:
Thank you!

Matt Coia

Apr 1, 2019, 3:45:55 PM4/1/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
You can use the maps in regular Minecraft but you will lose any special MinecraftEDU blocks/functionality.  So, the overall answer is no, but with the caveat that some maps that don’t rely on MCEDU blocks could work just fine.

Terrence Smith

Apr 1, 2019, 5:37:31 PM4/1/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to swap out the Edu Blocks for Minecraft Vanilla Blocks?

Pat James

Apr 1, 2019, 7:22:40 PM4/1/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Any word on getting the world library back online?

-Pat

James Shuler

Apr 2, 2019, 7:38:47 AM4/2/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Pat, check out Aleksi's previous reply for details.  World Library is back up.

Aleksi Postari

Apr 7, 2019, 5:01:17 AM4/7/19
to Minecraft Teachers
FYI: I had to put the library and wiki offline again. There are too many security issues with these on my backup, which prevent me from keeping them online. Hopefully Microsoft can soon update their versions of the base software on wiki and worlds and put them online.

EduElfie

Apr 8, 2019, 12:46:31 AM4/8/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Thanks for the update Aleksi, I will ask MSFT again in a couple of weeks, I was told mid April before they would be able to check it out. @Aleksi, can you 'send' the worlds somewhere that I could possibly access them, and host them somewhere that doesn't pose a security risk for you?

Elfie.

Aleksi Postari

Apr 8, 2019, 9:30:53 AM4/8/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Unfortunately I cannot :/ I got a permission from MSFT to keep hosting backup mirror of wiki and worlds at our service when we moved them over to education domain a year ago. You'll need to ask from MSFT if you could host them.

EduElfie

Apr 8, 2019, 6:14:05 PM4/8/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Not a worry, I figured that may have been the case. We will wait and see what MSFT team says in a couple of weeks!

Jennifer Delaney

May 29, 2019, 5:00:27 AM5/29/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Did this get sorted yet?

James Shuler

May 29, 2019, 3:48:02 PM5/29/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Requesting update on this, if possible!

EduElfie

May 30, 2019, 1:20:58 AM5/30/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Hi, I keep asking and keep getting zero information. The last response I received was "no update yet" and my two requests for updates since then have gone unanswered. I unfortunately don't have the worlds to share, but most of the wiki information is still somewhere in my head if there was something specific you wanted to know about let me know.

I am really sorry everyone, I don't know what else I can say, other than I will continue to ask, and request further information for you, but it really isn't looking good at the moment.

Elfie.

Cathy Edgar

May 30, 2019, 1:20:23 PM5/30/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Is it possible for us to create a private group and share our own files? I have a couple of the worlds, but only 2 or 3.

Ben Llewellyn Smith

May 30, 2019, 1:22:08 PM5/30/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in this.

David Hawkins

May 30, 2019, 1:44:00 PM5/30/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I would be interested in this as well... I have a few things that can be shared.

On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 1:20:58 AM UTC-4, EduElfie wrote:
Hi, I keep asking and keep getting zero information. The last response I received was "no update yet" and my two requests for updates since then have gone unanswered. I unfortunately don't have the worlds to share, but most of the wiki information is still somewhere in my head if there was something specific you wanted to know about let me know.

I am really sorry everyone, I don't know what else I can say, other than I will continue to ask, and request further information for you, but it really isn't looking good at the moment.

Elfie.

On Wednesday, 29 May 2019 19:00:27 UTC+10, Jennifer Delaney wrote:
Did this get sorted yet?

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 8:38:44 PM UTC, Pat James wrote:
As of a few weeks ago, the old MinecraftEdu world library was still online with doanloads available at https://worlds.education.minecraft.net

Now, that domain just redirects to the Minecraft Education Edition site, and I can't seem to locate the old library of worlds to download.

Has it moved to a different domain or URL?

-Pat James

EduElfie

May 31, 2019, 1:25:45 AM5/31/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I see no reason why you cannot do this at the moment. You are more than welcome to share them openly in here if you have them uploaded somewhere online that others can access. If the site comes back online, you may need to consider removing access, but again, that seems a pretty big 'if' right now. My biggest concern is attribution to those who created the worlds originally. I know that many are a few years old, but I would still like to be able to credit those that made them if that makes sense.

Trying to think about the best way to 'manage' this within this community, perhaps I should start a fresh yet locked sticky thread/announcement, that I can continue to edit that collates the links you send through, and the descriptions and creators of the worlds, and you send through the links on this thread. I am conscious of making this as user friendly as we are able to while waiting for word from Microsoft.

Thoughts?

Elfie.

Anita Jennings

May 31, 2019, 9:49:48 AM5/31/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
I'm with Cathy. I have several world files that I have downloaded. I'd totally be willing to share!
Anita

Anita Jennings
Computer Lab Assistant

Estela Gonzales

May 31, 2019, 9:58:52 AM5/31/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
I also have several world. Maybe we can start with a list of what we have.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Minecraft Teachers" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/minecraft-teachers.

Estela Gonzales Computer Lab Tech Villacorta Elementary 17840 Villacorta St La Puente, CA 91744 626.964.2385 egon...@rowlandschools.org

EduElfie

Jun 7, 2019, 2:34:21 AM6/7/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I have 3 of my original worlds easily accessible

Animal Cell
Sheep Probability
Contour Maps

And a few more of my own if I hunted deep enough into my backups and such.

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 10:20 AM Cathy Edgar <ced...@wbridgewater.com> wrote:
[...]

Marianne Davies

Jun 12, 2019, 5:12:03 AM6/12/19
to Minecraft Teachers
I have a few worlds including Turtle Island Turtle Canyon and Escape from Everest that I can share I should be able to find the designer in the notes - they are amazing!

Am so devastated they've removed our old worlds, I wish I had time/was clever enough to make my own

Robin Frazier

Jun 12, 2019, 7:10:54 AM6/12/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
I saved  a lot of worlds and I can send them in also.

Michele Di Paola

Jun 12, 2019, 8:32:43 AM6/12/19
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com, Robin Frazier
Hi

I have the save file for Turtle Island and then just a couple of tutorials / empty worlds.

If possible, I would be totally in for sharing every world we have.

Michele

Eric

Jun 30, 2019, 7:11:45 PM6/30/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Hey Aleksi and/or Stephen, would it be possible for you to send me a backup of my World of Humanities page from the wiki? I hope it isn't lost.

Thank you,

Eric

Nguyen Hai

Dec 10, 2019, 2:16:37 PM12/10/19
to Minecraft Teachers
Please send me links to download worlds (as much as you can), I need them for education my students. Thank you million!

Vào 18:10:54 UTC+7 Thứ Tư, ngày 12 tháng 6 năm 2019, Robin Frazier đã viết:

On Monday, 25 March 2019 20:38:44 UTC, Pat James wrote:
As of a few weeks ago, the old MinecraftEdu world library was still online with doanloads available at https://worlds.education.minecraft.net

Now, that domain just redirects to the Minecraft Education Edition site, and I can't seem to locate the old library of worlds to download.

Has it moved to a different domain or URL?

-Pat James

Денис Таничев

Jul 3, 2020, 2:27:18 PM7/3/20
to Minecraft Teachers
Could you please send me your links to download all saved worlds?

Todd Lichtenwalter

Aug 7, 2020, 1:24:17 PM8/7/20
to Minecraft Teachers
If you find it let me know, my guess is they removed it. You are referring to the original Minecraft Edu before Microsoft bought them out, correct?

Anita Jennings

Aug 7, 2020, 5:04:55 PM8/7/20
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way we can collect the saved worlds and share them with each other?

I have so many worlds I would like to share.
Any ideas?

Денис Таничев

Aug 8, 2020, 7:07:28 AM8/8/20
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
Please check the folder with saved worlds and zip one of them. We will check if it's possible to launch

jamesbo...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2020, 3:12:41 PM8/13/20
to Minecraft Teachers
Robin, could I have you send me a link to your worlds/mods?  I am totally unable to find any on the web.  Thank you!

Gregor Walter

Aug 15, 2020, 10:57:33 AM8/15/20
to minecraft...@googlegroups.com
How about a Github Repo?

I just created a new, empty one on my account, all public and open, and will upload my worlds there.
Feel free to add yours :-)

https://github.com/KidsLabDe/MinecraftEduWorlds

If you have issues, adding stuff to git, you can send me your worlds as ZIP, and I will add them.

Gregor