Re: [FLTWD-G] Wurm

Phil Rodrigues

Nov 5, 2015, 5:48:28 AM11/5/15
to fleetwoo...@googlegroups.com, fleetwo...@googlegroups.com, minecra...@googlegroups.com, civ5-fleetwood, eso-fleetwood
Hello friends. Will you join us in Wurm this weekend? We have 8 citizens now, and a few more on their way. We have identified a major quest and will be gearing up to start an expedition. Here is the story of one of our citizens (Jessie / Gormegil) who set off on a smaller expedition recently:

-------

So I decided I wanted to scout around our area a bit and see what I could see. I got rid of excess gear, grabbed a horse and went out our gates. I took a left out of our gates and started to journey. Partly I wanted to see if there was a good place to make my home and partly I wanted to explore. Not far past the boat there is an area that is an inlet, though it is mostly all sand in there. It's an interesting place. I saw a crocodile there. I also saw a mature wolf.

I continued my journey and discovered another fairly flat area with a lot of animals. I could see trolls across the water on a smaller island. I ran across various animals that were mostly harmless. At this point I was a little concerned I might get lost. I found a sheep that I decided to lead while I was on horseback. I might as well come back with something right.

I was attacked by a hellhound, but it could not keep up with me on horseback so the horse, the sheep and I escaped. I travelled further through the forests and tried to keep the water within sight so I didn't get totally lost. I saw a OLD troll in the woods who I decided to avoid. I came across a hill and through the brush I ran into two huge spiders. They immediately gave chase and I suddenly got stuck in a marsh. I had to dismount the horse and dive into the water. The spiders waited for me on the shore. The sheep was lost to me, but I couldn't leave my steed behind. I swam around to the far side and crept ashore. I attached my rope to the horse and dove back in the water. Horses will swim and follow you. So we avoided the spiders, but lost the sheep.

Bears will swim after you too, so any time I saw a bear I gave it a lot of room and would swim out and then back in. As I travelled I saw a rare treasure chest in the woods. It was glittering with magic. I investigated it and though it appeared unlocked there was nothing that could be done with it.

I continued my travels and was wondering if I was lost for good. I thought I could perhaps start a new civilization out there somewhere. Me and my trusty horse. I ran through some thorn bushes and injured myself so I was slow, but luckily I could mount when I was in flatter areas. Finally I came upon a large field that looked familiar. It wasn't long until I saw a fence and some animals. I was finally back to my animal holding pen and close to home!

matt plourde

Nov 5, 2015, 6:23:04 AM11/5/15
to fleetwood-gaming, eso-fleetwood, fleetwood-dom3, civ5-fleetwood, minecra...@googlegroups.com
I have to second Rob in saying: "Best $ I've spent on a multiplayer CRPG in a while"

Some notes:
- building large things (like a full-on sailing ship or a house) is a multi-person, long-term project. Upon completion, you feel a real sense of accomplishment.
- decorating feels the same way - a real sense of accomplishment (where is Lee????)
- combat is better in other games, but it's CHALLENGING here... killing stuff feels epic (I'm still barefoot)... healing from your wounds takes time & effort.
- you can be an innkeeper and charge rent for beds, can have a personal merchant who sells stuff, can create a full economy in yer town (was missing from minecraft)
- exploration is fun

I'll add some screenshots of our budding town.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Rob Keene <rob....@gmail.com> wrote:

Best $30 I have invested.  We have our own private server that Phil is running.

ss8.jpg
ss11.jpg
ss13.jpg

Chris Adams

Nov 6, 2015, 8:16:27 AM11/6/15
to civ5-fl...@googlegroups.com, fleetwood-gaming, eso-fleetwood, fleetwood-dom3, minecra...@googlegroups.com
I'll try. I downloaded and installed but I can't launch the game. Googled around for 1.5 hours last night to no avail. Looks like this will be an old fashioned wtf isn't talking to what hunt. Been awhile. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.