Couch Sessions September Newsletter - ALL KILLER NO FILLER, Exclusive Talib Kweli Goodies, Adam Tensta, The Roots, and MORE

The Couch Sessions/Triplestar Media

Sep 28, 2009, 7:58:48 PM9/28/09
to minds...@googlegroups.com

Couchsessionslogo

The Couch Sessions....Straight to ya INBOX!

Welcome to Off The Couch...

Off the Couch... is the new monthly newsletter from The Couch Sessions, getting you hooked up on the latest and greatest content from the premier online urban alternative magazine, The Couch Sessions.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @couchsessions

If you do not want to receive further newsletters from The Couch Sessions, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email.

***

ALL KILLER NO FILLER IS HERE!

DC Stand Up! All Killer, No Filler debuts this Thursday, October 1st at Liv Nightclub in Washington, DC. The Couch Sessions is teaming up with Sonya Collins of The Glass House DC and Marcus Dowling of True Genius Requires insanity to bring this unique and groundbreaking event to the DC area. Headlining All Killer will be Ra The MC, fronting a live band, with DJ Support from Starks and Nacey (Nouveau Riche, DC), Trevor Martin (Sneakers In The Club, DC), and Cam Jus (The Blast/Primo). The event is going down at the now legendary Liv Nightclub, which has played host to such notable acts as Questlove and Little Dragon.

Join us this Thursday, October 1st in DC for this groundbreaking event.

More Information on Ra The MC, Cam Jus, Starks and Nacey, and Trevor Martin.

RSVP ON FACEBOOK

Liv Nightclub
2001 11th Street NW (map)
Washington, DC
Metro: Green/Yellow Lines
$5 Before 11, $10 After
18 TO ENTER, 21 TO DRINK!

***

The Couch Sessions Covers The Manifesto in Toronto

Beautiful Photo by Philippe N, aka Star P. Please support.

The Manifesto is one of North America's premier hip-hop events. Taking place in Toronto, the third edition of the festival combines music, art, and breakdancing competitions, and featured such acts as 9th Wonder and headliners Reflection Eternal. The Couch Sessions extended its reach into Canada with some of the best coverage of the festival that you will ever see on the Internet. Our Toronto bureau covered the festival with an amazing recap and stunning photos.

Also, speaking of Talib, check out our exclusive video interview snippet, as he talks about a Black Star Reunion in the studio for Subsoniq radio, which airs every Tuesday on Sirius/XM’s Back Spin (Siri 39, XM 65, Direct TV 846, Dish 6039).

***

The Couch Sessions x Adam Tensta

As most of y'all know, The Couch Sessions has been an ardent supporter of Swedish Hip-Hopper Adam Tensta, and when we heard that he was rolling through DC, we had to show him how the DMV gets down. Our day with Tensta includeed a photo shoot with Lady Glock, a visit to the headquarters of Durkl, as well as exclusive video from behind the stage as Adam ROCKED the House of Sweden later that night.

More collaborations with Adam Tesnta coming soon.

***

JUST ADDED! OCT 10th SENARI and The Couch Sessions Present Big Bang! Baltimore

The Couch Sessions and Senari present the return of Big Bang! to Baltimore on October 10th. The lineup that includes Decibelle, Craig Sopo (Bmore/Electro) as well as DC's Nacey and DJ Pierre (which the B-More City Paper heralds as the city's best club music DJ), and for $5 you really can't knock the price. Add this event to your calendars ASAP!

***

Most Popular Articles on The Couch This Month

©2009 The Couch Sessions/Triplestar Media | Washington, DC 20017