Workshop Invitation: Building a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom, Aug 10 | Register Now

Alison Lee

Jul 27, 2022, 7:23:42 PM7/27/22
to Association for Mindfulness in Education

Dear AME community,

Join our Mindful Schools Educator Workshop: Building a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom on Wednesday, August 10

Whether or not we are aware of it, every classroom is impacted by the effects of trauma. Join Mindful Schools to discover strategies to create welcoming and safe learning spaces, and nurture healing relationships with your students.

In our 90-minute virtual workshop, we'll examine the nervous system, understand the ways that traumatic stress shows up, and explore strategies to build a trauma-sensitive classroom:

  • Learn how trauma impacts the brain and behavior, and how it shows up in the classroom

  • Experience mindfulness practices that empower you to settle your own nervous system

  • Explore strategies, practices, and classroom routines that support nervous system regulation

This workshop will be guided by Mindful Schools faculty, Alan Brown and April Frazier. Register Here

7a4fc047-cf7d-2593-eb8f-cae185c57ffb.png

Workshop Info:

We hope to see you there! Explore the Mindful Schools 2022-2023 Program Catalog to plan the upcoming school year and please feel free to share with colleagues!

In community,
Alison Lee (she/her)
mindfulschools.org