Workshop Next Week: Mindfulness and SEL for Educators, September 28th | Strategies for Back-to-School

Alison Lee

Sep 21, 2022, 2:35:12 AM9/21/22
to Association for Mindfulness in Education

Dear AME community,

Next week, join our Workshop: Mindfulness and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) for Educators on Wednesday, September 28

Mindful-Schools-Workshop-SEL.png

As educators, we don’t (and shouldn’t) leave our emotions at the door when we’re working with young people. Attending to our own social and emotional needs is critically important, especially if we’re tasked with teaching social emotional learning (SEL) to our students.

The latest research shows that teachers and principals are experiencing increasing stress rates––in fact, twice the rate of the general working public. This workshop is designed to resource you for the year ahead.

In our 90-minute virtual workshop, we’ll explore mindfulness practices that support your well-being and strategies that you can use during the school day to navigate challenging and stressful classroom moments:

  • Learn how mindfulness is a powerful foundation for and complement to SEL

  • Explore mindfulness exercises that support SEL competencies for adults

  • Understand how educators that embody SEL skills support greater learning

  • Develop strategies that can be used during the school day to navigate challenging moments

This workshop will be guided by Mindful Schools faculty, Fontashia Johnson and Sarah Rudell Beach.

Workshop Info:

Mindfulness and SEL for Educators

Virtual Workshop
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
4PM–5:30PM PT | 7PM–8:30PM ET
This workshop is offered on a sliding scale basis

Register Here

We hope to see you there! Explore the Mindful Schools 2022-2023 Program Catalog to plan the upcoming school year and please feel free to share with colleagues

In community,
Alison Lee (she/her)
mindfulschools.org