memory leak issue?

fishnyc22

Feb 6, 2007, 1:40:53 PM2/6/07
to mimemessage-dev
Hello Manuel. I've been using your script for a service I set up. I've
been having some weird problems with the server restarting. (its been
happening for months). At first I thought it was a hardware thing, but
now I'm thinking I have a memory issue that is cause from script. When
sending a message I see a visible drop in memory when monitoring it.
Is there something I may have done to cause this? I'm sure its not
your scripts problem, but I'm hoping to find the right direction here
to solve it.

Thanks.

DF

Manuel Lemos

Feb 6, 2007, 2:16:06 PM2/6/07
to mimemes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

on 02/06/2007 04:40 PM fishnyc22 said the following:

PHP scripts only use upto the memory limit configured in php.ini . That
is usually 8MB .

One thing I know that may waste a lot of memory is using optimizer
extensions . These usually take too much memory to optimize the code. If
you are using an optimizer extension without a cache extension, that may
well be your problem.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/

http://www.phpclasses.org/

fishnyc22

Feb 14, 2007, 9:24:16 AM2/14/07
to mimemessage-dev
Thanks for the reply Manuel. I'm still tackling this restarting issue.
I had set it up to 16M but concidering I only have 512 on the box I
reset it back to 8M.

I do have ION CUBE loaded to decode some scripts. Is that possibly
causing it? Would that require a cache extension? Can you recommend a
cache extension?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

On Feb 6, 2:16 pm, Manuel Lemos <mle...@acm.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on 02/06/2007 04:40 PM fishnyc22 said the following:
>
> > Hello Manuel. I've been using your script for a service I set up. I've
> > been having some weird problems with the server restarting. (its been
> > happening for months). At first I thought it was a hardware thing, but
> > now I'm thinking I have a memory issue that is cause from script. When
> > sending a message I see a visible drop in memory when monitoring it.
> > Is there something I may have done to cause this? I'm sure its not
> > your scripts problem, but I'm hoping to find the right direction here
> > to solve it.
>
> PHP scripts only use upto the memory limit configured in php.ini . That
> is usually 8MB .
>
> One thing I know that may waste a lot of memory is using optimizer
> extensions . These usually take too much memory to optimize the code. If
> you are using an optimizer extension without a cache extension, that may
> well be your problem.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Manuel Lemos
>

> Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generatorhttp://www.metastorage.net/

Manuel Lemos

Feb 16, 2007, 8:37:41 PM2/16/07

on 02/14/2007 12:24 PM fishnyc22 said the following:

> Thanks for the reply Manuel. I'm still tackling this restarting issue.
> I had set it up to 16M but concidering I only have 512 on the box I
> reset it back to 8M.
>
> I do have ION CUBE loaded to decode some scripts. Is that possibly
> causing it? Would that require a cache extension? Can you recommend a
> cache extension?

No, decoder extensions do not tend to cause excessive memory
consumption. What may cause the problem are optimizer extensions.

Anyway, your problem seems more likely due to composing long messages.
Are you sending messages with large attachements?