multiple copies of the email is being sent

rolando...@hotmail.com

Dec 20, 2006, 5:28:38 PM12/20/06
to mimemessage-dev
Manuel Lemos, MIME E-mail message sending class work just fine, it is
very usefull. I have a problem, two emails are being sent instead of
one. I have tracked the execution of the code, the send mail function
and it only executes once, however two emails are sent.

I am using PHP Version 4.1.2. I read a mysql database and extract some
information to be placed in the email, when the recipient name changes
the accumulated text is sent, the contents of the email are what is
expected, but two copies are being sent.

Anyone had a similar result? if so please advise on how to resolve.

Thanks for your support.

Manuel Lemos

Dec 20, 2006, 7:47:27 PM12/20/06
to mimemes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

on 12/20/2006 08:28 PM rolando...@hotmail.com said the following:

> Manuel Lemos, MIME E-mail message sending class work just fine, it is
> very usefull. I have a problem, two emails are being sent instead of
> one. I have tracked the execution of the code, the send mail function
> and it only executes once, however two emails are sent.
>
> I am using PHP Version 4.1.2. I read a mysql database and extract some
> information to be placed in the email, when the recipient name changes
> the accumulated text is sent, the contents of the email are what is
> expected, but two copies are being sent.

How are you setting the recipients? Can you provide a sample of your script?

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/

http://www.phpclasses.org/

Edgar Cardeira

Dec 24, 2006, 9:34:44 AM12/24/06
to mimemes...@googlegroups.com
Feliz natal! Happy Christmas

Cumprimentos,
Edgar Cardeira

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br

Pete Minus

Feb 15, 2007, 12:57:33 PM2/15/07
to mimemessage-dev
Hi!

I have same problem. I'm using your sample
"test_personalized_bulk_mail.php", which I have integrated into my
application where I'm also using smarty. Sometime I get even 3
messages, sometime 0
I haven't changed anything about script, except emails and smarty
paths.

Regards,
Pete

Manuel Lemos

Feb 16, 2007, 8:38:55 PM2/16/07
to mimemes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

on 02/15/2007 03:57 PM Pete Minus said the following:

You need to check your e-mail address sources. Are you pulling the
addresses from a database? Are you sure the e-mail addresses are not
duplicated?

Pete Minus

Feb 17, 2007, 1:45:19 AM2/17/07
to mimemessage-dev
I have found the error, which was in fact very strange (only in FF,
but not in IE). It was sending 2 (or more) mails because of invalid
XHTML and somehow Mozilla sent another request for that page...

Your script works perfect, great job!

Regards,
Pete