is it ok to send bulkmail to more than 5000 subscribers?

Miguered

Mar 21, 2012, 9:16:44 AM3/21/12
to mimemessage-dev
Hi, i´ve got a web with more than 5000 subscribers.
Until now we where doing the newsletter trought outlook, but we want
to make it using php, taking the data from our website´s database.

Is it safe? will i get my ip banned? do i have to keep my browser
opened until all the messages are sent, or could i set a program to be
executed every month?.

Thank you very much in advanced for the help.

Manuel Lemos

Mar 26, 2012, 9:11:28 PM3/26/12
to mimemes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

on 03/21/2012 10:16 AM Miguered said the following:

> Hi, i�ve got a web with more than 5000 subscribers.
> Until now we where doing the newsletter trought outlook, but we want
> to make it using php, taking the data from our website�s database.

Sure, this class is used to send messages to many thousands of users
every day from PHPClasses site and many other sites.

> Is it safe? will i get my ip banned? do i have to keep my browser
> opened until all the messages are sent, or could i set a program to be
> executed every month?.

For sending messages to many users, it is better to start a PHP script
from a cron job. If you are using Linux in your server, you can edit the
crontab to add a job that executes a PHP script using PHP cli version.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

JS Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in JavaScript
http://www.jsclasses.org/

Miguered

Mar 27, 2012, 5:27:21 AM3/27/12
to mimemessage-dev