What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2024-04-29 edition]

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 30, 2024, 7:32:56 PMApr 30
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Hello Makers! We're a day late and a dollar short, but it is time to
share... What have you been hacking on or making?

keeping you busy, either at the space(s) or elsewhere.

Include a photo and/or link if you can and show us something neat!

~[ * __ * ]~

Sarah Jean

May 1, 2024, 12:16:56 AMMay 1
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
This is one of those albatross projects- there is still a bit to work out, but I'm very pleased with the outcome.

-Hapto

image0.jpeg

Ben Nelson

May 1, 2024, 1:29:15 PMMay 1
to Friends of MMS
I've been working on ceramics!
I've pretty much NEVER worked with clay before, but I made, bisque-fired, glazed, and glaze-fired these objects, along with my daughter.
This is part of my "Bad Art" concept of just making art, not putting too much time into it, or pressure on oneself for it to be perfect (or even good!) Rather, just simply MAKE IT!
-Ben Nelson
IMG_3173.jpegIMG_3179.jpegIMG_3197.jpegIMG_3219.jpeg

Ellen Fulton

May 1, 2024, 1:41:25 PMMay 1
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I love it! How fun, and a good reminder not to get so caught up on perfectionism that it stifles the making process. Thanks!

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---

Maya Looney

May 1, 2024, 1:57:36 PMMay 1
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I posted about this in discord but I made a yarn tree with the help of Tim E! This way I can store more yarn in a smaller area. Right now they're protected by plastic bags to keep dust and critters out, but I'm thinking of other ways to display. Zoriana is helping me make 2 more with some design improvements. Yay for improving spaces!! Yay for yarn!!

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of MMS" group.

richard pretsch

May 3, 2024, 2:28:07 PMMay 3
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Pete,

I recently completed a chess board on a base (w/drawers) for my nephew.  I used walnut and maple for the parquet and burled maple for the base.  It had been a while since I've done a project that required a high degree of precision and attention to detail. Gotta say, I'm happy with the results.

I relearned some old lessons: 1) Slow down and think things through before you cut, 2) a sharp blade makes all the difference in the world.  I primarily used the slide saw at Norwich and it worked perfectly!

I'd like to thank Jonathan for the burled maple, Sean for his chest and finish expertise, and Lauren for her woodworking tips.

Regards

Rick P

PXL_20240425_141153238~2.jpg
PXL_20240425_141227264~2.jpg

William Reid

May 3, 2024, 4:01:48 PMMay 3
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Spectacular!
Happy for you and your nephew Rick.

Kathryn Hughett

May 4, 2024, 1:17:29 PMMay 4
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Ben, all artists started somewhere. What I wouldn't give to have a memory of my dad doing this with me.