Looking for connectors for Leaf Batteries

Tom Gralewicz

Aug 31, 2021, 1:25:31 PM8/31/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
I am using 2 packs of 3 Leaf modules each on my Power Wheels car, I have the orange connector panel for one pack but could use the connector for the 2nd pack, does anyone have one I could have?

The orange plastic piece in this picture with the silver contacts, I'm not concerned about the small connector with the black wires, I will be providing my own.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Richard Bowman

Sep 1, 2021, 9:21:43 PM9/1/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
I dont have them, but they look like a great idea. I too an using leaf batteries in my current PW build. I bought a BMS but wouold be intere3sted in knowing how you plan to charge yours.

Tom Gralewicz

Sep 2, 2021, 10:21:32 AM9/2/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'm giving these a try:

One for each set of 3 leaf modules.  They should handle charging and balancing.
Since I may need more than 40A, I am going to wire the output of these to power the main contactor and wire the motor through the contactor to the batteries directly.

I also found these, but they only have 2 and 4 module versions, no 3s:

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---