Metal suppliers in MKE

Ryan Bruce

Oct 23, 2021, 11:16:45 AM10/23/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone is able to share knowledge on metal suppliers of steel sheet or aluminum plate material (up to 1/2") in the Milwaukee or wider Wisconsin area?  Looking for a potential supplier/sponsor for a school robotics team.  They wouldn't be able to accept or handle super large quantities, but they use a fairly large amount for a school.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Tom Klein

Oct 23, 2021, 11:42:55 AM10/23/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
https://www.speedymetals.com/

The prices are good and sometimes better if you tell them you are from the Milwaukee Maker Space.
Also if you buy the metal from them plasma cutting is free. (DXF file)

--

---

Markus Schneider

Oct 23, 2021, 12:17:56 PM10/23/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
For aluminum plate Howard precision metals is the best place in town.

They have a search function for drops where you can select thickness, width and length ranges. Everything has always come cut straight and accurate to the listed dimensions.

For partial sheets speedy metals though expect some screw ups of your order and delays. Double check that you get what you wanted as they will sometimes pull the wrong material or cut wrong.

Pottinger has good prices for many steel angle iron etc.

John Trunek

Oct 23, 2021, 10:51:56 PM10/23/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
In addition to Speedy, I've also had good luck with Metal Supermarket in Waukesha.