Asking for Help

Kathryn Hughett

Jul 3, 2024, 5:30:36 PMJul 3
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I need someone who can install grab bars in a shower. It requires that the screws go into the studs.  I could hire a company to do it but I didn't want to pay their next car payment. We can offer a little money, however.
You can call me or Jon if you want to discuss doing the job.

Kathy Hughett
Jon

Mark Rehorst

Jul 3, 2024, 5:45:50 PM (14 days ago) Jul 3
to Friends of MMS
You can get suction cup grab bars like this:  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=grab+bar+suction+cup&crid=H4G9741W0QT3&sprefix=grab+bar+suction+cup%2Caps%2C117&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
They will hold for days. Just check and reattach as needed.

Kathryn Hughett

Jul 3, 2024, 6:43:45 PM (14 days ago) Jul 3
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Mark, I  can't trust my weight to suction cups. If I fall that could hasten my demise, though that might be okay too.

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---

Mike Tarnowski

Jul 3, 2024, 7:14:07 PM (14 days ago) Jul 3
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Kyle White and I can do it.
Do you have everything to do the job? Is there anything that we would need to pick up? Thank you, bye for now

Mike Disch

Jul 3, 2024, 10:58:00 PM (14 days ago) Jul 3
to Friends of MMS
Searching Bathroom Grab Bars at Home Depot comes up with a bunch of them.

ADA compliant is what you want about 40$ each.

Metal Mike

Mike Disch

Jul 3, 2024, 11:05:14 PM (14 days ago) Jul 3
to Friends of MMS
The problem will be if holes have to be drilled into ceramic tile.

There are also many different types and shapes so determining type, Shape and location will take some thought.

Common for a pair of short ones on either side of the toilet and one longer one across the back of the shower/tube.

Hope that helps.

Metal Mike

Tom Klein

Jul 4, 2024, 11:58:02 AM (13 days ago) Jul 4
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I have 1/4" diamond core drill for ceramic. You need to keep water running on it while drilling. If you need one.