new member, need space, advice & training

jenksm11

Sep 1, 2021, 1:43:24 PM9/1/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Joined the Makerspace about a month ago but still haven't come in to actually make. Interested in bone carving (have my own Dremel & bones) and would need a place to set up shop. You tell me: Lennox or Norwich location (both are easily accessible)? I'm also looking for a place to store my materials. Lastly, need a refresher on some of the woodshop tools.

Would love to set up a time to meet this week - available anytime Thursday 9/2, or anytime before 3pm Friday 9/3. Otherwise, please reach out about a time next week :)

- Mary

William Reid

Sep 1, 2021, 2:14:44 PM9/1/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Mary,
Woodshop training takes ~2 hours.
Can we meet at the woodshop in the Lenox building tomorrow at 3 PM?
We will have you operate each of the machines (except the 2 wood lathes) safely.
Goal is to have you start making something at 5 PM.
Bill R

--

---

Sarah Jean

Sep 1, 2021, 2:26:11 PM9/1/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Cool!

You can choose either building.  If you plan on throwing dust and cleaning up every visit, the tables in the leather area/craft lab 2/easy room at lenox work for this, and if you are doing delicate work that you'd like to leave out, I'd consider renting a workspace at Norwich with what you need for desk/shelves.  The basement rooms are .50/sq ft and upstairs in the office tower or in the main room to the is 1$/sqft.

Cheers!
Hapto

Sent from my tiny device with minimal communication capabilities.

On Sep 1, 2021, at 12:43 PM, jenksm11 <jenk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Joined the Makerspace about a month ago but still haven't come in to actually make. Interested in bone carving (have my own Dremel & bones) and would need a place to set up shop. You tell me: Lennox or Norwich location (both are easily accessible)? I'm also looking for a place to store my materials. Lastly, need a refresher on some of the woodshop tools.

Would love to set up a time to meet this week - available anytime Thursday 9/2, or anytime before 3pm Friday 9/3. Otherwise, please reach out about a time next week :)

- Mary

jenksm11

Sep 1, 2021, 4:07:16 PM9/1/21
to milwaukeemakerspace