Rejoining, CNC questions

Jack Driscoll

May 7, 2024, 10:33:03 PMMay 7
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I'm looking to rejoin the makerspace and I would like to use the CNC to make some wood fascias for speakers.  What software would I want to learn in order to model the parts for machining on the CNC?

Thank you,
Jack Driscoll

Jim Rawson

May 7, 2024, 10:36:30 PMMay 7
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jack, do you still have the Ambulance?

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---

Steven Birkholz

May 7, 2024, 11:00:31 PMMay 7
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Jim
Haven’t seen you for awhile.
How’s everything doing?
Steveb

Sent from my iPhone

Harvey Matyas

May 8, 2024, 7:49:18 PMMay 8
to Friends of MMS
Jack

Currently you could use Fussion 360 or if you want the Makerspace currently have Vcarve Pro Version 12 for Makers.  When you become a member you sent me your email address which I then send to Vectrics.  You then download their free version of Vcarve Pro and login with your email address.  After you design it on your computer, bring the file to the makerspace and login to the makerspace computer and open your file.  You will then be able to generate gcode to use on one of the makerspace CNCs.

Harvey

Jack'D

May 23, 2024, 1:23:37 AMMay 23
to Friends of MMS
OK thanks.  I do still have the ambulance, but unfortunately it is slowly sinking into the ground up north.  I think it's going to turn into a camp outpost/shed with way more stuff than it needs.  The diesel burning coolant heater is unfortunately already inaccessible under the chassis :-/

Jack'D

Jun 27, 2024, 7:00:18 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to Friends of MMS
Hi, I got vcarve, I'm not sure how to reply to your email directly

Thanks, Harvey

Harvey Matyas

Jun 27, 2024, 8:14:04 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Friends of MMS" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/milwaukeemakerspace/89580a8f-7865-4fe6-ad5d-1ae059e91e29n%40googlegroups.com.