4x8 Router Down for Foreseeable Future

Steve Pilon

Aug 2, 2021, 9:34:59 PM8/2/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
The z-axis ball screw is non-functional so the 4x8 router will be down for quite some time while I figure out a solution and fabricate it. I will post updates in this thread as they occur.

Steve Pilon
Cnc Area Champion

Harvey Matyas

Aug 6, 2021, 12:23:05 PM8/6/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve

Any updates on the z axis?

toby gardner

Aug 16, 2021, 9:35:57 AM8/16/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hi Steve...any update here?  If the CNC area needs additional funds or on site help to get the 4x8 up and running please reach out.

Thanks Toby Gardner

Tyler Ayer

Aug 25, 2021, 2:20:01 PM8/25/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve,

Any update? Need help?

Thanks,
Tyler

Jason R

Aug 27, 2021, 5:39:20 PM8/27/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
I've also been keeping an eye out for updates. If it is a funding issue, I also would be happy to chip in.

Tyler Ayer

Sep 1, 2021, 4:42:00 PM9/1/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve,

Whats the current status of repairs? As always if there is anything you need help with let us know here.

Thanks,
Tyler

Steve Pilon

Sep 14, 2021, 9:49:01 PM9/14/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Sorry for the lack of update/delay on this. The ball screw has been refurbished and is back working. The router should be back fully assembled and available for use by Saturday the 18th. I will post when it is finished. Thanks for waiting everyone.

Steve Pilon

Sep 18, 2021, 1:00:54 AM9/18/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
I reassembled the 4x8 and found the issue still persists. The 4x8 is still down. I do believe I know what the issue is now and how to fix it. Will update when I know more.

Tyler Ayer

Sep 18, 2021, 10:59:40 PM9/18/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve, Thanks for the updates, even if the most recent isn't exactly what we were hoping for. What do you think it is now that the ball screw has been ruled out?

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Ayer

Sep 27, 2021, 8:42:15 AM9/27/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve,

Any progress on the Z-axis?

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Ayer

Oct 2, 2021, 8:50:38 PM10/2/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve,

Any updates?

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Ayer

Oct 18, 2021, 10:51:30 AM10/18/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve,

Its been a month since the last update. Any progress with the Router? Need any help?

Thanks,
Tyler

Benjamin Engel

Oct 19, 2021, 9:14:10 AM10/19/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
This is one of the options I have been looking into. It would be a brand new machine with a syntec controller. These machines can cut at an industrial rate, but are very forgiving in operation and programming. I would also get a license for Vcarve and a post for fusion 360 as well. Vcarve is not my favorite but it is surprisingly good for cabinets at an affordable price. Of course mastercam would be best, but I don't feel the need to spend 15k on software at the moment. There are also a number of used machines on the market now that I have access to through work, but they are large production machines that I feel would not be appropriate for the space.

--

---

Thomas Gondek

Oct 20, 2021, 8:35:39 PM10/20/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  do you have a post for syntec controllers and fusion 360?  Any experience tweak the post for machines? My new machine is based on syntec and have just started looking for a fusion post. Have a few questions if you do…..  thanks Tom

Oct 20, 2021, 8:38:57 PM10/20/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I don't have a post for syntec. I haven't used their controllers yet, my background is hurco, Siemens, fanuc, fagor and thermwood. Does your machine have atc or any other accessories? You can contact fusion about a post, you may have to have one made. You could also contact your machine manufacturer. Which machine do you have? I have been looking into acctek or a used machine. I'd be happy to help with a post though.

Thanks,
Ben