Help Moving a Kiln on Friday or Saturday

Kathy Luglio

Jun 6, 2024, 9:33:30 PMJun 6
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Someone is donating a glass kiln for the glass fusing area!  That is great, but we need help moving the kiln out of the donor's basement..Can anyone help us get the kiln up the stairs to a van on either Friday or Saturday after 5pm?

Movers straps might be a help, too.

Thanks in advance.
Kathy Luglio

Mike Tarnowski

Jun 6, 2024, 10:16:41 PMJun 6
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully you'll get some younger, stronger volunteers, but if not, I can probably help.
How heavy is it and where is it located?
Thanks,
Mike T.

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---

Steve McNeilly

Jun 6, 2024, 10:38:47 PMJun 6
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

In terms of a kiln, we tried making one to shape plexiglass… didn’t work.  I used three portable stove-top two-burner units from Wal-Mart.  Cost was around $60 for the three.

If anyone wants to buy them, they’re practically brand new, in the boxes — $30 for all three.  Steve, sa...@avtutorials.com .

Kathy Luglio

Jun 7, 2024, 3:18:18 PMJun 7
to Friends of MMS
The kilns are near 3rd and Layton.  I don't have exact address at moment.  One is heavy, around 200 lbs.  The other one is easy to lift, or so I'm told.  We are meeting at Norwich around 5pm tonight (Friday ) to see if moving the heavy one is doable, or if this is just a reconnaissance mission to figure out how to transport it.  Any willing helpers would be appreciated!  I personally am not a good candidate for carrying heavy loads.
Thanks.

Mike Tarnowski

Jun 8, 2024, 3:49:30 PMJun 8
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Update: The kilns have been collected and transported to Lenox.

20240607_175909.jpg
20240607_184534.jpg