Looking for specific product for a project...

Custom Processing Unlimited

Oct 20, 2021, 9:01:22 PM10/20/21
to membersonly-milwaukeemakerspace, milwaukeemakerspace
Not sure of the right name of the item. I'm basically looking for square tubing with a slot down one side that would allow me to bolt things onto it with washers and nuts anywhere along the length of the tubing. I found some pics that are basically what I'm looking for,  but not quite. Secondary to that, does anyone know if the place we usually get the 20/80 pieces from also have what I'm looking for? That is in advance!
product.jpg
Files.jpg

Thomas Gondek

Oct 20, 2021, 9:08:30 PM10/20/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

--

---

Benjamin Engel

Oct 20, 2021, 9:09:24 PM10/20/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
80/ 20 also makes a single slot extrusion in most of their series.

Custom Processing Unlimited

Oct 20, 2021, 9:58:05 PM10/20/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
This is exactly what I am looking for. I'll look into the name I see on the listing, but if you know any other names these would be sold under, finding out would be phenomenal! Thank you!

Thomas Gondek

Oct 20, 2021, 10:00:14 PM10/20/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
T-slot is generic,  rockier, woodcraft all sell there versions.  Sure you get it cheaper on line, but they have it store if you need it in a hurry

I think youre looking for strut channel.  see Grainger, McMaster or other electrical suppliers

Bobr

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 8:01 PM Custom Processing Unlimited <cpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure of the right name of the item. I'm basically looking for square tubing with a slot down one side that would allow me to bolt things onto it with washers and nuts anywhere along the length of the tubing. I found some pics that are basically what I'm looking for,  but not quite. Secondary to that, does anyone know if the place we usually get the 20/80 pieces from also have what I'm looking for? That is in advance!

Eric Berna

Oct 21, 2021, 9:45:36 AM10/21/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
You’ll also find strut channel in stock at the big box hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Menards).

Eric Berna

On Oct 20, 2021, at 9:07 PM, Robert Roberts <bobr...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

---

Jack'D

Oct 22, 2021, 1:29:22 AM10/22/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
It kind of depends on what you're looking for, they'res a lot of varients of the basic formula.  The most commonly encountered varient of the item would be "UNISTRUT", which is kind of an industry standard.  Here's a pretty complete catalog:  https://connective-systems.com/userfiles/977/MEP-Catalogs/Unistrut-Full-Catalog.pdf  There's also this if you're looking for a smaller-scale thing: https://www.makerbeam.com/  (as well as the usual 80/20, if you can afford it)