What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2024-01-02 edition]

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 2, 2024, 11:09:54 AMJan 2
to MMS-Public

Hello Makers! It is now time to share... What have you been hacking on
or making?

keeping you busy, either at the space(s) or elsewhere.

Include a photo and/or link if you can and show us something neat!

~[ * __ * ]~

Marshall P

Jan 2, 2024, 11:18:15 AMJan 2
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I’ve been busy but over the real my wife and I used my laser, and vinyl cutter to make a chalk board to do list!

Was a fun departure from my regular stuff.

image0.jpeg

Linda Szeremet

Jan 2, 2024, 11:42:14 AMJan 2
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Christmas ornaments I made on my embroidery machine for my great nieces and nephews.

--

---

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/milwaukeemakerspace/96E42168-6320-4C8F-8C8D-460B0DBC8925%40gmail.com.

Ben Nelson

Jan 2, 2024, 2:21:01 PMJan 2
to Friends of MMS
I cast a bottle opener from bronze.
Blog entry on metal casting in general at: https://300mpg.org/2023/12/22/tiny-gold-bar-brass-casting/
-Ben Nelson
IMG_1329.jpegIMG_1332.jpegIMG_1334.jpeg

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 2, 2024, 2:42:36 PMJan 2
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Linda, those look amazing!

Were they done with the machine at the space or your own machine at home?

Pete

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 2, 2024, 2:54:01 PMJan 2
to MMS-Public

I've been doing a lot of printmaking lately and since I've got all these prints I had to frame some, so I started to design and 3D print my own frames.

For the (2D) prints I've been playing around a lot with color and texture lately, so simple shapes (like the state outline) are great for that sort of experimentation.

Here's an example of a print in a print. (It's also on recycled paper I made using the 3D printed mould and deckle I previously posted about.)

Pete

On 1/2/24 10:09 AM, it was wrotten:

Linda Szeremet

Jan 2, 2024, 3:36:36 PMJan 2
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Pete
Thank you!
I embroidered them at home. The machine at the space was just a little to small to do them there.
Linda S.

--

---