What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2021-10-18 edition]

remmin...@2xlnetworks.net

Oct 18, 2021, 9:55:07 AM10/18/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a message from reMMinderbot.

Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on or making?

been keeping you busy, either at the space or elsewhere. And, include
a photo if you can!

reMMinderbot thanks you!

Mark Rehorst

Oct 18, 2021, 12:43:37 PM10/18/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
I have been updating the firmware in SoM in preparation for writing a user/maintenance manual for it. The OS has switched to a real-time OS with the updates, and some of the configuration has required changes, so right now I am trying to walk through the configuration changes and expect that I'll have it back up and running this week. In the meantime, don't try to print with SoM.  I couldn't find any of the red "STOP" tags to put on it, so please just leave it be for now. It probably won't work even if you try to run it right now.

I also printed a couple stands for surround speakers that sit on two different height tables in my living room. I printed one in red and one in blue in keeping with the red and blue sand table and its lighting. The stands are different heights to match the tables so that the speakers are at the same level when they are on their stands and their respective tables. There's a actually a screw that holds each stand to the bottom of its speaker and they're quite stable.

PXL_20211017_143804458.jpg

PXL_20211017_143810959 (1).jpg

Pete Prodoehl

Oct 18, 2021, 12:57:08 PM10/18/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I've been building a MIDI controller for a guy who plays a MIDI
harmonica. Yes, there is a MIDI controller harmonica. Weird but also cool!

Here it is: https://www.lekholminstruments.com/ And yes, it is 3D printed.

I'm basically making an axiliary controller because Jason (featured in
one of the videos on the site) wants more controls beyond what is build
into the harmonica.

So I'm basically building him a custom version of this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/924104317/8k-controller-custom-usb-midi

Pete

Kathryn Hughett

Oct 20, 2021, 3:20:50 PM10/20/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Mark, those stands are lovely. They look mid- century modern, like something you would have seen in the rich man's house in Soylent Green.

--

---

Mark Rehorst

Oct 20, 2021, 5:41:14 PM10/20/21
to milwaukeemakerspace
Thanks!. Maybe Edward G Robinson's house?