What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2023-05-08 edition]

Pete Prodoehl

May 8, 2023, 10:07:51 AM5/8/23
to MMS-Public, Pete Prodoehl

What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2023-05-08 edition]

~[ * _ * ]~ Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on
or making?

Did you build a boat? Fire something in the kiln? Solder up a PCB?

keeping you busy, either at the space(s) or elsewhere.

Include a photo and/or link if you can!

rod...@rodneydickman.com

May 8, 2023, 10:55:41 AM5/8/23
to milwaukeemakerspace
Made a fixture to put a slight offset in a part I make. Works like a charm.  IMG_2805.JPGIMG_2804.JPG

Pete Prodoehl

May 8, 2023, 11:18:29 AM5/8/23
to MMS-Public

I made some paper! I mean, technically I made recycled paper from existing scrap paper.

  https://rasterweb.net/raster/2023/05/07/making-paper/

Along the way I also made a 3D printed mold and deckle so I could make the paper because sometimes you need to make the tools you need to make the thing you want to make.

Pete

Gabbard Photography

May 8, 2023, 12:27:10 PM5/8/23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Cut some new stands for my boards and a display stand for my bottle openers on the mogul.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Tom Gralewicz

May 8, 2023, 4:04:24 PM5/8/23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
In my quest to find an LED driver that will work over any voltage from 5 to 50, I found a buck converter small in size and cost ($0.15 each)
That efficiently drives one to 5 LEDs efficiently.

Here is the prototype board I etched using the laser cutter for masking and basic chemicals to etch.

Yes, that's a standard sized LED :-)

PXL_20230508_194910762.MP.jpg
Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---

---

Mark Buccowich

Gabbard Photography

May 9, 2023, 3:11:30 PM5/9/23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Signs for end of year Cub Scout banquet.
image0.jpeg
On May 8, 2023, at 7:16 PM, Mark Buccowich <mbucc...@comcast.net> wrote:

In the process of making a guitar under the tutelage of luthier George Leach in Southern California EPP
<image2.jpeg>

m p

May 9, 2023, 4:01:38 PM5/9/23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Finally finished this shadowbox based on the movie poster. It is my love letter to AKIRA, HONDA, and CUP NOODLE.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

I used a lot of different techniques here like, airbrush, hand painting, model building, 3d printing, paper appliqué, decal printing, and woodworking.

It was a fun process. There’s a full build video on YT.

The feel I was going in the project and the video is heavily themed around the design imagery, sounds, and feel of AKIRA, landmark dystopian 1980s anime.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2023, at 2:11 PM, Gabbard Photography <ad...@gabbardphoto.com> wrote:

Signs for end of year Cub Scout banquet.

m p

May 9, 2023, 4:01:53 PM5/9/23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
These are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2023, at 2:11 PM, Gabbard Photography <ad...@gabbardphoto.com> wrote:

Signs for end of year Cub Scout banquet.

Sarah Jean

May 10, 2023, 12:48:57 PM5/10/23
to m p, milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Such a great run of projects!
Keep on sharing!

Hapto

Sent from my tiny device with minimal communication capabilities.

Mark Rehorst

May 12, 2023, 1:37:45 PM5/12/23
to milwaukeemakerspace
I made a tool to sand my bike's disc brake pads that can't seem to work for more than a couple weeks before they start squealing:

PXL_20230512_170358483.jpg