What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2024-01-29 edition]

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 29, 2024, 12:39:16 PMJan 29
to MMS-Public

Hello Fellow Humans who are also Makers! It is now time to share... What
have you been hacking on or making lately?

keeping you busy, either at the space(s) or elsewhere.

Include a photo and/or link if you can and show us something neat!

~[ * __ * ]~

Sara Cellucci

Jan 30, 2024, 12:02:08 PMJan 30
to Friends of MMS
Think my last reply got eaten, must have hit the wrong button, so sorry if this comes up as a duplicate for anyone.

My sudden embroidery obsession persists.  I'm really loving it as a nice meditative activity to whittle away at when I want to wind down or just will have my hands free for a while.
Planning to thrift an old jansport and stick this t the back once its cut out and edge finished.  Not certain exactly why the circle got so wonky, but I'm sure it has something to do with me learning that it is *not* worth the minuscule savings from using an old cotton shirt instead of better quality fabric for embroidery medium “(ノ _ <,, )  Still, I think it looks nice!

20240126_220405.jpg

Doing something a little more intricate for my next one, involving a doodle that a digital artist friend did for me a little while ago, not sure how it will turn out but I'm very eager to see.  Will also be at Norwich today trying to wrap up a metalworking project that Ive had on the shelf for a bit'.  Not sure if finishing it today is really viable but I will hopefully be back to post about that soon!

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 30, 2024, 1:03:57 PMJan 30
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Very cool! :)

Pete

Bill Reid

Jan 30, 2024, 2:20:56 PMJan 30
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Looks great
Congratulations

--

---

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 31, 2024, 11:18:26 AMJan 31
to MMS-Public

Whew, it's been a busy month!

I set out to make 30 pieces of art this month and then I made 46 relief
prints.

I also rambled quite a bit about art, life, making, and work:

https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/19/january-prints-in-progress-part-ii/

https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/24/january-prints-in-progress-part-iii/

https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/27/january-prints-in-progress-part-iv/

https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/31/january-prints-in-progress-part-v/

I wrote up how I make 3D printed printing plates for relief printing:

https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/28/3d-printed-printing-plates/

https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/28/how-i-3d-print-printing-plates/

I also made a piece of art for the WMSE auction:

  https://rasterweb.net/raster/2024/01/29/wmse-art-music-wisconsin/

I look forward to relaxing in February. (Just Kidding!)

Pete

On 1/29/24 11:39 AM, it was written: