Outdoor lights photo eye for low light levels

rod...@rodneydickman.com

Jun 1, 2023, 10:21:40 AM6/1/23
to milwaukeemakerspace
In our new house we have some windows above the garage that are just there for looks. They are a frosted glass. So to make my garage front outside lights come on automatically I put a photo-eye in the attic behind that frosted glass. It is very slow to react. They stay on well into the morning as the widows face west. They probably go on sooner than they normally would. So I go on line looking to see if I can find a photo-eye that works in lower level areas. Not easy to search is seems. Before I put a box outside and mount the photo-eye outside I wonder if there is a photo-eye for lower light level applications.

Thanks
Rodney Dickman