What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2024-05-20 edition]

Pete Prodoehl

May 20, 2024, 11:24:34 AMMay 20
to MMS-Public

Hello Makers! It is now time to share... What have you been hacking on
or making?

keeping you busy, either at the space(s) or elsewhere.

Include a photo and/or link if you can and show us something neat!

~[ * __ * ]~

Sara Cellucci

May 23, 2024, 1:37:45 AMMay 23
to Friends of MMS
Finally got to try out block printing with a linocut I did a few months ago.  Not bad results for a first go I think!  Tried a couple different papers and also fabric.  Huge thanks to everyone over at the printing area for setting this up, and to Maya and Sylvia for getting me rolling!

20240522_221025.jpg20240522_221018.jpg20240522_210541.jpg20240522_210526.jpg

Pete Prodoehl

May 23, 2024, 10:46:23 AMMay 23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Those look awesome for a first attempt! It can take a bit of practice to get the amount of ink just right, as well as the pressure when doing the print.

Were these hand burnished or did you use a press?

Pete
--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---

• 羲天 •Random Adventurer X

Jun 24, 2024, 10:26:46 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Friends of MMS
download (15).jpeg
I've been doing some experiments with ebikes.

I just finished this.  The fifth experiment.

About to begin my sixth bike project!

M~