What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2024-04-22 edition]

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 22, 2024, 10:40:15 AMApr 22
to MMS-Public

Hello Makers! It is Earth Day and it is now time to share... What have
you been hacking on or making?

keeping you busy, either at the space(s) or elsewhere.

Include a photo and/or link if you can and please show us something
super-cool-neato!

Ellen Fulton

Apr 23, 2024, 2:14:33 PMApr 23
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
A little over a week ago, I made a fundraising gala! Since 2017, I've chaired -- and done all the graphic design work for -- the Bel Canto Chorus annual gala and auction, and this year was the final gala honoring our music director, Rick Hynson, who's retiring after joining the chorus in 1988 (his wife joined in 1989). We celebrated their tenure and all the other zany things that have happened in those 3+ decades in an event we called "Retrospective." Made many fun signs, centerpieces, and decor as well as 10-page yearbooks for each year (setting out the Top 10 of the Billboard Top 100, Oscar winners, Nielsen ratings champs, etc.). Did lots and lots of ganking pictures off the web for educational/fair use, NATCH. Raised some money, had some laughs, wore my prom dress from 1989.

--
Friends of Milwaukee Makerspace - A group for reaching a Midwest regional audience dedicated to making. Be kind, keep it on topic, and please do not use this group for the sale of items. Remember that members@ is the list for internal to MMS discussions - reach out to info@ if you are a member and not on that list.
---