Re: [MakerSpace] Abridged summary of milwaukeemakerspace@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

Abdullah Tugan

Aug 24, 2021, 2:25:20 PM8/24/21
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Made a black walnut butcher block countertop with Rubio Monocoat finish and installed it an 1879 Milwaukee home:

Thank You,
Abdullah Tugan

On Aug 24, 2021, at 12:17 PM, milwaukee...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Mark Rehorst <mark.r...@gmail.com>: Aug 23 11:50AM -0700

I don't know about a steel table, but the pill popper thing was
interesting. If you threaded the upper part and added a nut, the nut would
stop movement of the plunger to prevent crushing the pill ...more
Mark Rehorst <mark.r...@gmail.com>: Aug 23 11:50AM -0700

That's really nice! What did you finish it with?

...more
MKE Gadgets <mkega...@gmail.com>: Aug 23 01:52PM -0500

Thanks for the great suggestion as soon as the top of the pill is even with the top of the green part I stop pushing. So far I haven’t crushed any pills.

Thanks
MKE Gadgets ...more
Mark Rehorst <mark.r...@gmail.com>: Aug 23 11:53AM -0700

I've been working on the glass top for the sand table Arrakis that will
make its public debut at the makerFaire at MSOE in September. I am using
red oak frame to fit around the glass and will be ...more
Bill Reid <bil...@milwaukeemakerspace.org>: Aug 23 07:44PM -0500

Mark,
Odie's Oil.
Very durable.
I am glad Brady talked me into giving it a try. I have finished a number of
pieces with it.
Bill R

...more

Jerry [HM]