Re: [MMS-public] Digest for milwaukeemakerspace@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 2 topics

Tom Klein

Jul 5, 2024, 3:57:28 PM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

The drill press at Lenox is fixed and back together.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2024, 12:17 PM <milwaukee...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Kathryn Hughett <kathu...@gmail.com>: Jul 03 04:30PM -0500

I need someone who can install grab bars in a shower. It requires that the
screws go into the studs. I could hire a company to do it but I didn't
want to pay their next car payment. We can offer a little money, however.
You can call me or Jon if you want to discuss doing the job.

Kathy Hughett
414-483-3478
Jon
414-708-6441
Mark Rehorst <mark.r...@gmail.com>: Jul 03 02:45PM -0700

You can get suction cup grab bars like
this: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=grab+bar+suction+cup&crid=H4G9741W0QT3&sprefix=grab+bar+suction+cup%2Caps%2C117&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
They will hold for days. Just check and reattach as needed.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2024 at 4:30:36 PM UTC-5 Kathryn H. wrote:

Kathryn Hughett <kathu...@gmail.com>: Jul 03 05:43PM -0500

Mark, I can't trust my weight to suction cups. If I fall that could hasten
my demise, though that might be okay too.

Mike Tarnowski <mike.ta...@milwaukeemakerspace.org>: Jul 03 06:13PM -0500

Kyle White and I can do it.
Do you have everything to do the job? Is there anything that we would need
to pick up? Thank you, bye for now

Mike Disch <r...@beercityaudio.com>: Jul 03 07:58PM -0700

Searching Bathroom Grab Bars at Home Depot comes up with a bunch of them.

ADA compliant is what you want about 40$ each.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-18-in-L-x-3-1-in-ADA-Compliant-Grab-Bar-in-Brushed-Stainless-Steel-20135-03202-18/206767718#overlay

Metal Mike

On Wednesday, July 3, 2024 at 6:14:07 PM UTC-5 Mike Tarnowski wrote:

Mike Disch <r...@beercityaudio.com>: Jul 03 08:05PM -0700

The problem will be if holes have to be drilled into ceramic tile.

There are also many different types and shapes so determining type, Shape
and location will take some thought.

Common for a pair of short ones on either side of the toilet and one longer
one across the back of the shower/tube.

Hope that helps.

Metal Mike

On Wednesday, July 3, 2024 at 9:58:00 PM UTC-5 Mike Disch wrote:

Tom Klein <tmkle...@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:57AM -0500

I have 1/4" diamond core drill for ceramic. You need to keep water running
on it while drilling. If you need one.

Brant Holeman <branth...@gmail.com>: Jul 04 08:35AM -0500

Just a heads up, MPD has the alley to Lenox on KK closed this morning.
Traffic in and around KK to Lincoln will be backed up.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2024/06/21/4th-of-july-2024-parades-fireworks-and-events-in-milwaukee-suburbs/73879855007/