Christmas Project

1 view

Roger M. Jenson

Dec 25, 2022, 8:09:33 PM12/25/22
to Milwaukee Linux Users Group
I received five Intel Atom and one Intel Celeron Windows thin client
computers because I said I could re-purpose computers instead of the
company paying to recycle them.

It took a bit of research to find out how to access the ROM settings and
configure it to boot from a USB thumb drive. It was a fun challenge so
it is on to the Intel Atom based devices tonight.

Having Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

Roger M. Jenson

Dec 26, 2022, 11:28:53 AM12/26/22
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com
Last nite I loaded Manjaro on an Intel Atom thin client computer used
previously as a Windows 10 IOT thin client. It took a bit of spelunking
in the hardware  settings to boot from the USB thumb drive and took a
long time to startup from the USB thumb drive. My habit of letting
things run until I see an error message gave me a pleasant surprise of
the installer screen.

Manjaro ran but not well on the limited resources of Intel Atom
processor with 2GB RAM. It will need a lighter distribution to be used
as a desktop computer.

According to the documentation that I could find on the OEM-F210-BZ260Q
it looks like it has an IR sensor so this little box could be a media
streaming device.

More info soon.

Having Fun,
Roger M. Jenson