Managing WordPress

Roger M. Jenson

Apr 23, 2023, 7:55:21 PM4/23/23
to Milwaukee Linux Users Group
Yesterday I used a virtual Ubuntu 22.04 LTS desktop instance to learn
how to use a program named Local  to manage WordPress website from my
laptop computer.

Desktop Computer:
Install Local by Flywheel.

WordPress Website:
Install WP Migrate Lite WordPress plugin.

Use WP Migrate Lite to create a .zip file that contains the Database,
Media Uploads, Themes, Plugins, and WordPress Core files.

Download the .zip file to the Local application running the Ubuntu 22.04
LTS desktop instance.

Import the .zip file into the Local program.

The imported WordPress website is running on my local computer in a
virtual desktop instance for me to change and test new ideas for the
website without impact to the website connected to the Internet.

This old dog just learned new tricks!

Having Fun,
Roger M. Jenson