Repairing Tablet Computers

Roger M. Jenson

Apr 29, 2023, 11:12:58 AM4/29/23
to Milwaukee Linux Users Group
At a MLUG meeting Rick showed me that his tablet computer needed
repairs. Today I learned that IFIXIT (ifixit.com) is not only a tool and
parts source, it has repair guides that walk you through the disassembly
with the proper tools that they have available for sale on their
website. I will definitely use this site in the future.

Having Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

Glenn Holmer

Apr 29, 2023, 11:47:42 AM4/29/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 10:13 AM Roger M. Jenson <r...@eyedigix.com> wrote:
At a MLUG meeting Rick showed me that his tablet computer needed
repairs. Today I learned that IFIXIT (ifixit.com) is not only a tool and
parts source, it has repair guides that walk you through the disassembly
with the proper tools that they have available for sale on their
website.

I remember how excited I was when I got my first set of spudgers :)

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Richard Benkstein

Apr 29, 2023, 9:39:36 PM4/29/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com
Roger,

A little research into "bulging screen surface pro" shows that the problem is not a bad installation of the broken screen but probably a component that has swelled.  I have stabilized the screen - it is ugly but works fine.  In the meantime, my first use of the foot pedal (for page advance) worked perfectly at my ukelele club.

Thanks,

Rick

--
Homepage: http://www.milwaukeelug.org/home
This forum online: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/MilwaukeeLUG

Roger M. Jenson

Apr 30, 2023, 7:52:05 AM4/30/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com

Hello Rick,

It's a good thing when technology works as designed.

Have Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

Glenn Holmer

Apr 30, 2023, 10:18:25 AM4/30/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 8:39 PM Richard Benkstein <rbenk...@att.net> wrote:
A little research into "bulging screen surface pro" shows that the problem is not a bad installation of the broken screen but probably a component that has swelled.

Isn't that usually a battery problem? If so, it's not safe to keep using it.