Linux USB WiFi Adapters

Roger M. Jenson

Feb 11, 2023, 8:12:47 PM2/11/23
to Milwaukee Linux Users Group
During today's MLUG meeting Glen asked about USB WiFi adapters that work
with Linux. The following link will take you to the ALFA USB indoor WiFi
adapters.

https://www.alfa.com.tw/collections/wifi-indoor

Have Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

Glenn Holmer

Feb 12, 2023, 8:51:00 AM2/12/23
to MLUG
On Sat, Feb 11, 2023, 19:12 Roger M. Jenson <r...@eyedigix.com> wrote:
During today's MLUG meeting Glen asked about USB WiFi adapters that work with Linux.

This Glenn wants to know about USB 5 1/4" floppy drives. 3 1/2 are plentiful, but not 5 1/4! Anybody? Or better yet, a PCI floppy controller...

Roger M. Jenson

Feb 12, 2023, 11:41:33 AM2/12/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com

Hello Glenn,

I have a USB floppy drive in storage. Looking... It is a 3.5" USB floppy disk.

Searching online produced the following results.

Device Side Data:

FC5025 USB 5.25" Floppy Controller $55.25

http://shop.deviceside.com/prod/FC5025

If you have a 5.25" floppy drive, cables, and power supply it costs $55.25. The website does not use https but it switches to Let's Encrypt https when I added the item to  the shopping cart.

KryoFlux:

KryoFlux® Personal Edition Basic [KF-ROS-PB] : 104.99 euros

  • Board and Quickstart sheet only.

KryoFlux® Personal Edition Premium [KF-ROS-PP]: 154.99 euros

  • KryoFlux Personal Edition Basic
  • USB cable
  • floppy data cable (please select below for options)
  • MOLEX-m to 2 x MOLEX-f Y-cable AND MOLEX-m to 2 x BERG-f Y-cable
  • OR MOLEX-m to 1 x MOLEX-f cable & 1 x Berg cable
  • Power Supply Unit (PSU) and power cord

Thank you for sending me down the rabbit hole. The KryFlux device is very interesting.

Having Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

--
Homepage: http://www.milwaukeelug.org/home
This forum online: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/MilwaukeeLUG

Roger M. Jenson

Feb 12, 2023, 11:45:11 AM2/12/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com

Glenn Holmer

Feb 12, 2023, 11:50:24 AM2/12/23
to MLUG
On Sun, Feb 12, 2023, 10:41 Roger M. Jenson <r...@eyedigix.com> wrote:

KryoFlux:

Those are the same two links you always see. The FC502 is read-only and the KryoFlux is overkill.

Roger M. Jenson

Feb 12, 2023, 12:50:02 PM2/12/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com

Hello Glenn,

I forgot to ask what your goal is other than accessing 5.25" floppy disks? Do you plan to use a Linux system to access 5.25" floppy disk? What computer/operating system created the 5.25" floppy disk?

Have Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

--
Homepage: http://www.milwaukeelug.org/home
This forum online: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/MilwaukeeLUG
---

Glen Peterson

Feb 12, 2023, 7:31:49 PM2/12/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com
I'll check THESE ones out. But if my PC is close enough, I'll just use a cord to the router instead.

Glen

--
---

Roger M. Jenson

Feb 12, 2023, 9:02:29 PM2/12/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com

Hello Glen,

CAT 5 Ethernet max cable length is 100m (328.084 ft). Longer cables are available at the big box stores.

Have Fun,
Roger M. Jenson

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/MilwaukeeLUG/1555065411.402938.1676248304124%40mail.yahoo.com.