Data sets from the City

Matt Richardson

Mar 5, 2013, 11:22:42 PM3/5/13
to milwau...@googlegroups.com
Ok all: what would be the top 10 data sets to get from the City? This is, I think, a good question to ask. Suggestions can be vague or specific. We'll want to get it down to some specific sort of items. Let's also focus on anything that would fall under open record policies.

  • Street Parking Locations and Rules
  • Verified crimes by aldermanic district or census tract
  • The location of every City facility and the services they provide (with operating hours and contact info)
  • Permits
  • Deeds and Land records
  • Budget Data and Expenses
  • Historic sites/landmarks and brief description
  • Meter Parking sites
  • Active meter parking use data
  • Aggregate MPS scores (MAPS) by aldermanic district or census tract
  • Bus GPS location data

Matt Richardson

Mar 6, 2013, 10:49:00 AM3/6/13
to milwau...@googlegroups.com
Other ideas: Health Data
  • Location of facilities
  • Services offered at facilities
  • Aggregate services provided and outcomes by facility
  • Reported illness by aldermanic district
  • Aggregate illness and outcome data for the city
  • Cost of services per facility
  • Correlation of illness to welfare program use (I.e. Badgercare, W-2)
  • Lists of diagnosis for a month and cause for each
  • List of medical professionals
  • Number of times a treatment is used, for what diagnosis and what was the outcome