TWALD wrap up

Bob Burns

Sep 19, 2021, 2:02:20 PM9/19/21
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
We got the van unloaded and then I made a mistake. I turned on my work phone. Message from my boss told me how many hours I'd be working this week and wow that was not a nice welcome back from TWALD.

Anyway.

If you didn't have fun with that I don't know what to tell you. You should probably sell your bike. Great weather all weekend with just enough of a sprinkle on Sunday to make it a legit TWALD experience.

Thanks to Brian Bowles for hooking up a deal on the t-shirt printing so a whole bunch of people could buy prints of a Gabe Lanza original. Thanks to Brian Jordan and his helpers Norman Hogeveen and Christopher McEvoy for the lunch stop. Thanks to Joe Block and the folks at Driftless Brewing for making a special TWALD beer and thanks to Kevin Lawhorn for helping out on the label design. Thanks to Barb Keller and William Becker for the Thursday BoscoVinMoto garage night. Thanks to Andrew Golding for taking lead and motivating people to grill out in the parking lot at Hickory Hill. Thanks to Will Stoner for helping me surprise Bruce with a bunch of bottles of bourbon from the distillery owned by his ancestors and thanks to Bruce for his constant wise and patient counsel which has kept me out of jail and so many people out of their dentist's offices.

And of course thank you to my partner in crime Jennifer Burns without whom pretty much nothing in my life would be possible. Get vaccinated, wear your mask, stay safe, and let's do it again next year.

--
-Bob Burns

Ian Harris

Sep 28, 2021, 10:08:35 AM9/28/21
to Bob Burns, ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
I have fond memories of the last couple iterations of TWALD & Dorkwad.   It would be great to see some pics of the newest iteration if anybody's camera happen to get some photos that ended up on the multiverse where us lurkers can benefit.     I have a request in to join TWALD 2021 on the facebook
- maybe there are some photos there.

We had a Spring dustoff down here that had a TWALD-like resemblance, but between Covid & divisive politics, things cooled things off a little.  If it gets going again (and I start riding again) I'll throw out the opportunity for y'all to come down.

Aside: I'm probably going to visit Chicago in a couple weeks.  Y'all still doing garage nights?

--
July 28: Hang with Dave Roper at Tiger & Dick's place

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chivinmoto/CAK8ReiHbM-E7-WAuU-tiEJepvR6m5hzoM41r%3Dnd%3DLVEke9Vpiw%40mail.gmail.com.

Robert Angone

Sep 28, 2021, 10:13:54 AM9/28/21
to Ian Harris, Bob Burns, ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
I posted some pics on the TWALD FB, it was fun, great weather, no rain, but I went up Friday and that made it way too short.

Would love to come and ride where you are, keep us updated.

--------------------------------
bob.a...@gmail.com
312.218.2584

The content of this e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the designated recipient (or employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the designated recipient), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or using the contents of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail, and permanent delete all copies of the original e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.

--
Garage Nite doesn't just happen, you need to volunteer to host!

* August 20 - Frank n Barry's - Tosa

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/MilVinMoto
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/milvinmoto/CABX7YYP0Y%2Bp_QnBYrWc81EmGCRHy4AN3VpHyuRSJymDTzKgD2g%40mail.gmail.com.