Open Source Hardware Camp 2018 (30/06 & 01/07) Call for Participation.

Andrew Back

Feb 13, 2018, 2:45:36 PM2/13/18
to Milton Keynes makerspace
  --  Open Source Hardware Camp 2018  --

This year Open Source Hardware Camp will take place over the weekend
of Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July, at the Blue Room, Lincoln, LN1 3BU.

We’re excited to be hosting OSHCamp for the first time ever in the historic county town of Lincoln — home to, amongst others, noted engine builders Ruston & Hornsby (now Siemens, via GEC and English Electric). Lincoln is well served by rail, reachable from Leeds and London within 2-2.5 hours, and 4-5 hours from Edinburgh and Southampton.

Proposals for talks and workshops for OSHCamp 2018 are invited!

There is no theme and topics may include, for example:

* Open source hardware projects
* Open development practices and principles
* Novel/interesting/fun projects built using open source hardware
* Tools (hardware and software)
* Skills and techniques, e.g. PCB fab, DIY SMT assembly
* Relevant technologies, e.g. SPI/I2C bus programming
* ...something else relevant to the community

If you would like to give a talk on the Saturday and/or run a workshop
on the Sunday, please submit details via the form at:

  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pLyItcKRDYmegNXtAXRgpt21yOFXdWlBO_K6uu0LlBY/

Any questions can either be directed to the list or sent to and...@abopen.com.

**** Note that the deadline for submitting titles and abstracts is Monday 25th March at 17:00. If you would like to discuss ideas etc. please get in touch sooner, rather than later. ****

A social is planned for the Saturday evening and details of accommodation nearby to the venue will be provided in due course.