Dunstable Downs Radio Rally/Boot Sale

John Orme

May 22, 2017, 11:45:47 AM5/22/17
to MK Make - list
Good day out at Dunstable Downs Radio Rally. Here are the figures:

All items should be delivered this week. A bit of an overspend but justified I think...

In addition Andy and Chris bought three full size Raaco component storage boxes, complete with stuff (£22.00 donation)

John O also bought a second Hitachi V212 scope (£30.00 donation). Tested and working!

Jack is 'Salesman of the Month' for selling the electronic organ for 50p!

Pictures when someone shows me how to upload them...

I suggest adding two more topics to Slack; one for Promotions where we can sort out some designs for flyers and a banner, and Shopping List so we can prioritise what equipment we need to get.

John Orme

Peter Fraser

May 22, 2017, 1:32:40 PM5/22/17
to milton-keyne...@googlegroups.com

Shame about the scope probes [I could have provided some] ­– laughingly described as “P6100”; doubtless, any visual similarity to Tektronix real probes is entirely coincidental.

However, cheap enough, so no worries.

BTW, I have previously evaluated these, and they work well enough for non-critical work – main tendency is for the x1/x10 switch to fall apart – handle with care.

Conversely, having failed to enthuse MiS re. sheet-metal facilities [lack of], I am enthusiastic about the Clarke….

Although only 305mm, I think will cover majority of reqts.  Excellent; looks promising.

Pete.

--
http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk
---

Andy Selby

May 22, 2017, 8:17:31 PM5/22/17
to Milton Keynes makerspace

I suggest adding two more topics to Slack; one for Promotions where we can sort out some designs for flyers and a banner, and Shopping List so we can prioritise what equipment we need to get.

I would discuss needed equipment in the #infrastructure channel.
Rugby radio rally is August 20th which is not worth attending since a week later on the 27th it's MKARS rally and, sod's law, the Huntingdonshire rally in St Neots is a day later.
Those three and Dunstable Downs are our only local rallies.

Andy

Peter Fraser

May 23, 2017, 2:33:07 PM5/23/17
to milton-keyne...@googlegroups.com

Re: future rallies:

I agree the group of 4 for this locale; it is also my normal pattern – however, even Newbury might also be “worthy of consideration”, though I haven’t been for a few years, so have no recent intel.

Although it is a little further afield (Princethorpe College) than the other ‘local’ ones, I would not immediately dismiss Rugby; though not on the scale of DDRC/Stockwood Park, it is quite a large and popular rally, with a long & illustrious heritage.  I go most years.

MK & St.N. are probably smaller again, but still worthwhile. MK has suffered ups & downs over the last few years due to various reasons I won’t elaborate here, but seems to be stable & sound at the moment.

Sod’s law”; you could view MK & St.Neots (BH Monday) consecutive days as a bonus; I tend to regard as  “two for the price of one”, in sense that you can almost do as a continuum, prep & packing-wise etc. That is to say, whenever I have traded at MK, I have invariably also traded at St.N. the next day.
BUT: there is a catch; the relative close geography also means severe overlap of both traders & punters – one gets a distinct “déjà vu” feeling at St. N…..

As ever (he says, a little wearily….), I can give advice on any of these.

Blood-stained tee-shirts also available on request.

Pete.

Andy Selby

May 23, 2017, 5:27:41 PM5/23/17
to Milton Keynes makerspace

Although it is a little further afield (Princethorpe College) than the other ‘local’ ones, I would not immediately dismiss Rugby;

I can't find it now but I'm sure I read no dogs allowed* so no Tiff and no Transit van.
*except assistance dogs so maybe we can say Faye is the group treasurer.

Andy