Weekly Shiplist for Wednesday, 27 January 2021 & STATUS REPORT

MillionYearPicnic

Jan 24, 2021, 6:31:32 PM1/24/21
to MillionYearPicnic

Hey hey howdy,

This is the shiplist for Wednesday, 27 January 2021.

We are still messing about with shifts...

The Million Year Picnic is STILL NOT open for browsers.

STUFF & THINGS

1. Are you missing something?
2. Hours for this week!
3. Where are the books?
4. Books we're still waiting for...
5. Books received between orders...
6. Shiplists & Shortages

--

1. Are you missing something?

NOTE that if you think you're missing something that should've been mailed or delivered, PLEASE REACH OUT!!!

Email milliony...@yahoo.com or call 617-492-6763.

2. HOURS FOR THIS WEEK!!!

Kelly will be in tomorrow, Monday (1/25) from 11am until at least 5pm.

Tuesday (1/26), Will Carper will be covering from 9am-3pm.

Wednesday (1/27), NEW COMIC BOOK DAY, Tony is in the shop from 2-6pm, maybe earlier, maybe later.

Thursday (1/28), Tony is in the shop from around 2-6pm, maybe earlier, maybe later.

Friday (1/29), Kelly is in the shop from noon-6pm.

Saturday (1/30), Tony is in the shop from around 2-6pm, maybe earlier, maybe later.

Sunday (1/31) Kelly is in the shop from noon-6pm.

If you have questions or want to put in an order for curbside pick-up, shipping, or delivery with a $15 minimum to Cambridge, Watertown, Arlington, Medford, Somerville, Waltham, Belmont, or Lexington contact us via email, milliony...@yahoo.com, or call 617-492-6763.

3. Where are the books?

As you peruse this email, you may notice that we've included a LONG list of DC Comic Shortages but NOTHING for this week's DC Shiplist. You may also see that there's a lot of stuff still missing from previous weeks from a variety of different publishers.

I wanted to explain a little bit about what's going on.

We do NOT receive books directly from publishers or printers. We do NOT get toys and statues from factories. We do NOT get t-shirts from clothing companies.

Instead, we receive these things from distribution companies. These are companies that do nothing but receive comics and graphic novels and toys and t-shirts and whatnot from various places all over the world and store them all in a couple of warehouses. THEN, when shops order things from them, they ship the things out to the shops.

Comic shops are a little bit different from other types of shops because up until 2020 we got the VAST majority of our STUFF from one distribution company named Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.

I would like to note that what is packed into Diamond's deliveries has been a little erratic for most of 2020. This is not entirely their fault... we are in the middle of a pandemic, with slowdowns and problems at their warehouses, as well as at publishers and printers and shipping companies. They've tried to fix things where they can, but it's not consistent. Fortunately, it's usually only a few titles each week. Unfortunately, things add up fast if they're not sent along the week after.

NOTE that Diamond has been out of many supplies for months. We're getting more long boxes this week, but we haven't been able to get short boxes or bags/boards for a long time.

Now let's pivot to DC Comics. Back in 2020, around the beginning of the pandemic, DC Comics decided to drop Diamond as their distributor and hire two other distribution companies -- UCS and Lunar -- to distribute their comics. They divided the shops regionally with shops on the left side of the country using Lunar and shops on the right side of the country using UCS. (No, I don't know where the dividing line was... maybe the Mississippi?)

It doesn't matter, because UCS quit. Back in the late summer or early fall, they gave notice to DC Comics and their customers that as of the end of 2020, they would no longer distribute DC Comics. Lots of shops transitioned to Lunar through the last several month. But, given the nature of the folks who run comics shops, I'll bet a LOT of them waited until the last possible moment to switch over.

So, as of the end of 2020, Lunar is the exclusive distributor of DC Comics. And I don't think they were prepared for what that entails. We had accidentally signed up with Lunar back in March/April and stuck with them, despite being on the "wrong" side of the country, so we didn't have to change or fix anything on our side.

BUT, on TOP of all of those changes, when Tony got sick back in December, we put in some of our DC/Lunar orders late.

So, between ALL of that and a few other things, we have received NO status updates about our orders from Lunar, which are 100% DC Comics, since Christmas. All we know is what we can see online and that's not much.

According to their website, they haven't even packed a box for us this week, despite all of the orders we've put in over the past 2 weeks. Maybe they are packing a box but haven't had a chance to do the data entry? And maybe that box will magically ship this week? We'll see.

We apologize for the weirdness and lateness, but there's not a lot we can do.

And this is why there's a LONG list of DC Comic Shortages and nothing listed for the DC Shiplist this week.

If you have any questions about this stuff, please feel free to email us, milliony...@yahoo.com or call 617-492-6763 and we'll try to answer.

4. Books we're still waiting for:

AMERICAN VAMPIRE 1976 #4 (OF 9)
ASADORA GN VOL 01
BARNABY HC VOL 04 (Still waiting for full order)
BATMAN CATWOMAN #2 (OF 12)
BATMAN THE CHALICE TP
BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE VOL 04 TP
DEAD DEMONS DEDEDEDE DESTRUCTION GN VOL 09 (MR)
DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #2 2ND Printing (MR)
FUTURE STATE DARK DETECTIVE #1 (OF 4)
FUTURE STATE GREEN LANTERN #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE KARA ZOR-EL SUPERWOMAN #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE ROBIN ETERNAL #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE SWAMP THING #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE TEEN TITANS #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE THE FLASH #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE WONDER WOMAN #1 (OF 2)
MAESTRO WAR AND PAX #1 (OF 5)
METAL MEN #12 (OF 12) - partial shipment
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THUNDERBOLT GN VOL 15
MODOK HEAD GAMES #2 (OF 4)
MY MONSTER SECRET GN VOL 22
RORSCHACH #4 (OF 12)
STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #1
TERRIFICS VOL 04 THE TOMORROW WAR TP
THE UNION #2 (OF 5)

5. Books received between orders or in this order...

BABY SITTERS CLUB COLOR ED GN VOL 09 CLAUDIA & NEW GIRL
BLACK MAGICK TP VOL 03 ASCENSION I (MR)
SWORD #2 KIB

6. Shiplists & Shortages

DC Shortages for the week of 1/27/2021:

BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #2 (OF 6)
BATMAN THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE #8 (OF 8)
BATMAN WHITE KNIGHT PRESENTS HARLEY QUINN #4 (OF 6)
FUTURE STATE AQUAMAN #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE BATMAN SUPERMAN #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE DARK DETECTIVE #2 (OF 4)
FUTURE STATE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE SUICIDE SQUAD #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE SUPERMAN VS IMPERIOUS LEX #1 (OF 3)
JOKER HARLEY CRIMINAL SANITY #7 (OF 8)
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK VOL 04 A COSTLY TRICK OF MAGIC TP
LAST GOD #12 (MR)
NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS VOL 05 HC
OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #2 (OF 5)
STRANGE ADVENTURES #8 (OF 12)
TITANS BURNING RAGE TP

Shortages

MARVEL #4 (OF 6)
RUE MORGUE MAGAZINE #198 JAN 2021

Weekly Shiplist for Wednesday, 27 January 2021

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #58
AVATAR LAST AIRBENDER METALBENDING ACADEMY TP VOL 00
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN AANG ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN IROH ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN KATARA ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN MAI ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN SOKKA ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN TOPH ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN TY LEE ENAMEL PIN
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER GOLDEN ZUKO ENAMEL PIN
BABY SITTERS CLUB COLOR ED GN VOL 09 CLAUDIA & NEW GIRL (delayed from last week)
BAD MACHINERY POCKET ED GN VOL 10 CASE OF THE SEVE
BLACK AF DEVILS DYE TP (MR)
BLACK MAGICK TP VOL 03 ASCENSION I (MR) (delayed from last week)
CAPTAIN MARVEL #25
CDS LONG COMIC BOX (10 boxes)
CHEF YASMINA & POTATO PANIC GN
CHEF YASMINA & POTATO PANIC HC GN
COLONEL WEIRD COSMAGOG #4 (OF 4)
COMIC BOOK GUIDE TO GROWING FOOD
CONAN THE BARBARIAN #18
DAREDEVIL #26 KIB
DEAD BODY ROAD TP VOL 02 (MR)
DEADPOOL #10 KIB
DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #5 (MR)
EDGAR ALLAN POE'S SNIFTER OF BLOOD #4 (MR)
EXCALIBUR #17
FANTASTIC FOUR #28
FEMFORCE #191
FIREFLY #25
FIREFLY NEW SHERIFF IN VERSE HC VOL 02
GAMAYUN TALES GN VOL 02
HEAVY METAL #303 (MR)
HILO GN VOL 07 GINA  GIRL WHO BROKE THE WORLD
MARVEL PREVIEWS VOL 05 #8 FEBRUARY 2021
MIRKA ANDOLFOS UNSACRED VOL 2 #3
MONSTRESS #31 (MR)
NAILBITER RETURNS #9 (MR)
NEW MUTANTS #15
NIB PANDEMIC
POST AMERICANA #2 (OF 6) (MR)
PREVIEWS #389 FEB 2021 RETAILER ORDER FORM EXTRAS
PREVIEWS #389 FEBRUARY 2021
RED SONJA #23
SATOKO & NADA GN VOL 03 (OF 4) (Yes, v.4 came out before v.3)
SAVAGE AVENGERS #17 KIB
SHANG-CHI #5 (OF 5)
SOMETHING IS KILLING CHILDREN #14
STAR TREK DS9 TOO LONG A SACRIFICE TP
STAR WARS ADV CLONE WARS BATTLE TALES GN
STAR WARS ADVENTURES SMUGGLERS RUN #2 (OF 2)
STAR WARS ADVENTURES TP VOL 11 RISE OF WOOKIEES
STAR WARS BOUNTY HUNTERS #9
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA TP VOL 01 FORTUNE AND FATE
STRANGE ACADEMY #7
SWEET DOWNFALL #1
SYMPATHY FOR NO DEVILS #4
TAARNA (2020) #2 (OF 6)
UNKINDNESS OF RAVENS #5 (OF 4)
UNSTOPPABLE WASP GN TP AIM ESCAPE
USAGI YOJIMBO WANDERERS ROAD #3 (OF 6)
VAMPIRELLA DARK POWERS #2
WE ONLY FIND THEM WHEN THEYRE DEAD #5
WITCH HAT ATELIER GN VOL 07
WITCHER FADING MEMORIES #3 (OF 4)
WOLVERINE #9
X-MEN #17
X-O MANOWAR (2020) #4

(Nope, no DC books this week... we'll send out a separate email if they arrive before next week.)

--
(A) = Adult Readers
GN = Graphic Novel