Weekly Shiplist for Wednesday, 6 January 2021 & STATUS REPORT

MillionYearPicnic

Jan 3, 2021, 8:02:50 PM1/3/21
to MillionYearPicnic

Hullo,

This is the shiplist for Wednesday, 6 January 2021. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Tony worked another Saturday shift! All procedures are complete! He's feeling pretty good! Now he's just gotta recover his way back to normal.

The Million Year Picnic is STILL NOT open for browsers.

STUFF & THINGS

1. Are you missing something?
2. Hours for this week!
3. PREVIEWS orders for January
4. Cool book review
5. Books we're still waiting for...
6. Books received between orders...
7. Shiplists & Shortages

--

1. Are you missing something?

NOTE that if you think you're missing something that should've been mailed or delivered, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I shipped around 20 packages last month, both stuff that had been pending and holiday gifts. So far as I know, everything that's still waiting is waiting on special book orders/backorders and I've communicated with the person who ordered them. If your order is missing, we do NOT know about it! For instance, we got a couple of mystery DUNGEONS & DRAGONS comics; we don't know who they're for and we haven't had much luck figuring it out.

If you think you're missing something, email milliony...@yahoo.com.

2. HOURS FOR THIS WEEK!!!

I (Kelly AKA kjc) will be in tomorrow, Monday (1/4) from 11am until at least 6pm.

Tuesday (1/5), Will Carper will be covering from 9am-3pm.

Wednesday (1/6), NEW COMIC BOOK DAY, I'll be in the shop from about noon to 6pm.

Thursday (1/7), Will Carper is on from 9am-3pm.

Friday (1/8) and Saturday (1/9), we're not sure who will be on. Could be Tony, could be Kelly, could be one of each.

Sunday (1/10) is me again from about noon to 6pm.

If you have questions or want to put in an order for curbside pick-up, shipping, or delivery with a $15 minimum contact us via email, milliony...@yahoo.com, or call 617-492-6763.

3. PREVIEWS ORDERS FOR JANUARY 2021

January PREVIEWS Orders are due on Tuesday, 1/12/2021.

This is the time of the month when we order books to be delivered two months in the future, so most of these titles will arrive in March 2021.

If you're looking for a new series to get into or want to see if an old favorite has been collected, this is is the place to look:

https://www.previewsworld.com/

Lunar, DC's distributor, has finally started making the DC CONNECT PDF available to the public:

https://www.lunardistribution.com/files/dc_connect_8.pdf

For future reference, you should be able to find it on their main website:

https://www.lunardistribution.com/

If you see stuff you want, PLEASE email us! milliony...@yahoo.com

4. Cool book review

"Superheroes and Trailblazers: Black Comic Book Artists, Rediscovered: A new book examines the lives of these trailblazers, who paved the way for subsequent generations of illustrators but were invisible to the mainstream in their own time."
Article by Helene Stapinski
December 31, 2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/31/arts/design/black-comic-book-artists-racism.html
(The book is called Invisible Men: The Trailblazing Black Artists of Comic Books by Ken Quattro)

5. Books we're still waiting for:

ANGEL & SPIKE TP VOL 01 (Missing some copies)
AUTHORITY BOOK ONE TP (Should arrive this week)
BARNABY HC VOL 04 (Still waiting for full order)
COMIC BOOK HISTORY OF ANIMATION #2 (OF 5) (Still waiting for full order)
DC THROUGH THE 80S THE END OF ERAS HC (Should arrive this week)
JIM HENSON LABYRINTH MASQUERADE #1 (Still waiting for full order)
MY MONSTER SECRET GN VOL 22 (Still waiting for full order)
SAGA OF TANYA EVIL LIGHT NOVEL SC VOL 08 (Still waiting for full order)
SHAM COMICS 80 PG GIANT (Still waiting for full order)
SUPPOSE A KID FROM LAST DUNGEON MOVED GN VOL 03 (Still waiting for full order)
TERRIFICS VOL 04 THE TOMORROW WAR TP (Should arrive this week)

6. Books received between orders:

DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE SPECIAL #55

7. SHIPLISTS & SHORTAGES

DC Shortages (our orders got messed up when Tony was sick; we're working on them!)

DREAMING WAKING HOURS #6 (MR)
FUTURE STATE HARLEY QUINN #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE SUPERMAN OF METROPOLIS #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE SWAMP THING #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE THE FLASH #1 (OF 2)
FUTURE STATE THE NEXT BATMAN #1 (OF 4)
FUTURE STATE WONDER WOMAN #1 (OF 2)

Diamond Shortages

JUGGERNAUT #5 (OF 5)
JUJUTSU KAISEN GN VOL 00
KING IN BLACK RETURN OF VALKYRIES #1 (OF 4)
MARVEL ACTION AVENGERS (2020) #3
MODOK HEAD GAMES #2 (OF 4)
STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #1

Delayed by Diamond

HAIKYU GN VOL 42
MY HERO ACADEMIA GN VOL 26
PROMISED NEVERLAND GN VOL 18

NOTES

Diamond finally shipped Sarah Andersen's FANGS graphic novel, but we've had it for months if you want it... it's quite funny!

Weekly Shiplist for Wednesday, 6 January 2021

2000 AD AUGUST 2020 PROG PACK
AERO TP VOL 02 MYSTERY OF MADAME HUANG
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #56
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION TP GOBLINS LAST
ATOMIC LEGION TP
AVENGERS BY JASON AARON TP VOL 07 AGE OF KHONSHU
BABY SITTERS LITTLE SISTER GN VOL 03 KARENS WORST DAY
BEYOND CLOUDS GN VOL 03 (RES)
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #21
CROSSOVER #3
DRAGON BALL GLITTER & GLAMOUR BULMA III V1 FIG
DRYAD #8
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS AT SPINE OF WORLD #3 (OF 4)
ETERNALS #1
ETERNALS BY JACK KIRBY MONSTER-SIZE HC
FIRE POWER BY KIRKMAN & SAMNEE #7
FIRE POWER BY KIRKMAN & SAMNEE TP VOL 02
GETTING IT TOGETHER #4 (OF 4) (MR)
GOLD DIGGER #278
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #10 KIB
HAPPY HOUR #3 (MR)
HELLIONS #8
INKBLOT #5
IRON MAN #5
JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #422 (missing issue!)
JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #423
MARVEL PREVIEWS VOL 05 #7 JANUARY 2021
MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #22
MMW CAPTAIN AMERICA HC VOL 12 DM VAR ED 298
MYTHICS GN VOL 02 APOCALYPSE AHEAD
NATURALIST GRAPHIC ADAPTATION
OH MY GODS GN
RAT QUEENS #24 (MR)
RESISTANCE REBORNS ONESHOT #1 (MR)
RISE OF ULTRAMAN #5 (OF 5)
SAVAGE SWORD CONAN ORIG MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 04
SAVOR TP
SCOUTS HONOR #1
SLEEPING BEAUTIES #5 (OF 10)
SPAIN GN VOL 03 MY LIFE & TIMES (MR)
SPIDER-WOMAN #8 KIB
STAR TREK YEAR FIVE #18
STAR WARS #10
SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN KING IN BLACK #3 (OF 5)
THOR #11
UNEARTH #9 (MR)
USAGI YOJIMBO #16
VENOM #32 KIB
WALKING DEAD DLX #6 (MR)
WRONG EARTH NIGHT AND DAY #1
X-FACTOR #6

DC Shiplist for Wednesday, 6 January 2021

BATMAN ADVENTURES ROBIN THE BOY WONDER TP
DARK NIGHTS DEATH METAL #7 (OF 7)
GENERATIONS SHATTERED #1 (ONE SHOT)
HOUSE OF EL BOOK ONE THE SHADOW THREAT TP
OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1 (OF 5) (MR) (We ordered more copies)

--
(A) = Adult Readers
GN = Graphic Novel