Linking MSD with MusicBrainz on the song/track level.

Biplob Biswas

Feb 26, 2015, 8:35:32 AM2/26/15
to millionso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I already read on the mailing list that there is no viable solution to link the MSD to the musicbrainz dataset except going via the musicbrainz artist information.

But i was going through the echonest forums and came across this post http://developer.echonest.com/forums/thread/816 which says that we can connect musicbrainz dataset using recording id from musicbrainz and the song-id and not the track-id from echonest.

Interestingly, MSD uses echonest song-id and track-id which is in no way related to the musicbrainz recording id.

Could anyone shed more light on this, as we are a group of students who are combining the MSD, musicbrainz and yahoo ratings for a research project we need the song level connectivity between MSD and musicbrainz.

Thanks & Regards
Biplob Biswas