UCI Machine Learning Repository YearPredictionMSD Data Set

Stephen Young

Feb 18, 2014, 7:35:15 PM2/18/14
to millionso...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I am a student in my fourth year at the Unviersity of Guelph. I have downloaded the YearPredictionMSD Data Set from the UCI Machine Learning Repository, intending to use it in a project in multivariate statistics. The site (http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/YearPredictionMSD) says there are 90 attributes, which I did download correctly, but I cannot find a list of what each of these attributes are, only timber average and covariance. Would I be able to get a list of each of these attributes?

It is possible I am misunderstanding what I am looking at. I see a year in each row, followed by 90 numbers, which I assume are 90 different variables based on the music. If I am incorrect, please correct me.

Thank you,

Stephen Young

Thierry Bertin-Mahieux

Feb 19, 2014, 9:42:12 AM2/19/14
to millionso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

A song can be represented (among many other ways) by a matrix of timbre features from The Echo Nest, size 12 X N (N ~ length of the song). Details are in this document.

The 90 numbers you see are the 12 means and the covariance of those timbre features.

Thierry

Million Song Dataset main webpage:
http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/millionsong/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Million Song Dataset" group.

Thierry Bertin-Mahieux
http://www.tbertinmahieux.com