Missing beat features

Cian O'Brien

Apr 9, 2014, 4:13:09 AM4/9/14
to millionso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I was wondering why certain tracks are missing the beat features (for example track ID TRBLXAV128F92C2AD9)? I'm trying to extract beat-aligned chromagrams.

Thanks,
Cian

Thierry Bertin-Mahieux

Apr 9, 2014, 9:08:38 AM4/9/14
to millionso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cian,

no major reason; or rather, a ton of small issues could have caused this:
- connexion error while downloading
- bug or crash during a "dataset building script" (there was a lot of moving data around in the beginning)
- the song didn't have EchoNest beat because they could not be computed
- the song didn't have EchoNest beat because of a bug / issue
- … and I'm probably forgetting some

The MSD is real data, and real data is messy. I wouldn't read too much into it, unless you find a correlation with other features (e.g. small duration, a specific genre, …)

Cheers!
Thierry

Million Song Dataset main webpage:
http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/millionsong/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Million Song Dataset" group.

Thierry Bertin-Mahieux
http://www.tbertinmahieux.com