Wargaming / Kriegsspiel with map.army

limmy42

Jun 26, 2024, 1:38:36 AM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to www.map.army
Hi,

I am trying to work out what the best way would be to umpire a Wargaming scenario using map.army

My intention is to host a map where blue commander can see his blue forces, and the red forces he has reconnoitered. Red commander likewise can his his own red forces and the blue forces he has reconnoitered.

The umpire can see all forces on the map and can decide which units are visible to the blue and the red commanders. Currently I believe I would have to have 3 separate MILX shares simultaneously and update all 3 with any changes. One for the blue, one for the red and one for the umpire.

For a future feature, I believe it would be good to be able to share only individual layers (I don't believe you can do this currently) within a MILX map. Then I could have a Hidden Blue layer, visible blue layer, hidden red layer, visible red layer and share those individual layers to the red and blue players separately.

Do you have any thoughts on how I might achieve this using Map.Army in its current form, and whether such a wargaming map sharing feature is of any interest to the development team?