KML IMPORT WITH ICONS

Miguel Zapata

Dec 5, 2023, 2:42:10 PM12/5/23
to www.map.army
I have a spreadsheet that I convert into a KML and based on some data in the excel rows the placemark in the KML receives an icon ref to a local folder and icon - this auto populates the right chits' icons when i view the KML in google earth.  I really want to transition to this platform here, but we need a way to get the icons to auto populate too.  Is there anyway to format the kml appropriately to get the right icons post conversion?

Maybe there is a better way to programmatically do this - either way, we start we a structured spreadsheet and want to limit as much manual work (post spreasheet creation) as possible.

Another option for me is to generate the milx layer on my side then import it, but I am having trouble researching the specs.