Another idea

Viktor Wabel

Jan 17, 2019, 9:14:59 AM1/17/19
to www.map.army
Good afternoon,

Many thanks for your great work and here is my question. When using a tactical symbol e.g. Riot is there a possibility to adjust the date/time function to date only? Additionally, it would be nice for the above named tactical symbol to have a feature: Date, from and to.

Many thanks for your time and trouble

Regards

V.Wabel

www.map.army

Jan 21, 2019, 4:10:55 AM1/21/19
to www.map.army
Thank you for your feedback and the kind words.

When using a tactical symbol e.g. Riot is there a possibility to adjust the date/time function to date only?
Currently we do not support to change the date and time format on individual symbols. For us the date and time format is a global setting which can be adjusted in the "Options". We will check internally if it would be possible (and if it would make sense) to provide the format options to only show dates.

Additionally, it would be nice for the above named tactical symbol to have a feature: Date, from and to.
The fields available for individual tactical symbols (including its position and max. length) are defined in the Military Symbology Standards APP-6X and MIL-STD-2525X. In our case: http://www.mapsymbs.com/ms2525c.pdf
To guarantee the compatibility to other systems we have to insure to incorporate these standards.

Viktor Wabel

Jan 22, 2019, 3:41:24 AM1/22/19
to www.map.army

Dear Sir or Madam,

many thanks for your quick answer.

As you mentioned, an adjustment has to make sense. However, maybe a solution could be to add a “date only” feature as a possibility to the global setting “Options”, instead to an individual symbol.

Nevertheless, I would also like to thank you for providing me with both Military Symbology Standards.

Regards

V.Wabel

viktor...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2023, 2:57:09 PM4/7/23
to www.map.army

Dear Sir or Madam,

a few years ago, I inquired about the possibility to include in the date/time section an additional “dd/mm/yy” option too.

Sometimes this would be very useful, e.g., when I work on historic military maps based on a participant’s diary. Some sources mention only a date very rarely a time too.

 Many thanks

Yours Sincerely

V. Wabel

Screenshot 2023-04-07.png

www.map.army

May 9, 2023, 5:04:42 AM5/9/23
to www.map.army
Viktor, great to hear that you are using https://www.map.army and thank you for your proposal.

We have just uploaded the latest version of the web application which now supports the requested date and time formats:
map.army-new-date&time-Formats.gif

Date-Time Group (DTG)
As defined by the symbology standards DTG is the default format used in https://www.map.army. You can find more information on this time format in the military standards or here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date-time_group

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions on https://www.map.army

Best regards
Martin from the map.army team