Why not add everything that is not in the symbol set of map.army?

silly goober

Apr 4, 2024, 7:55:22 AMApr 4
to www.map.army
Specifically, I would very much like to see all symbols in the link below.

Additionally, I would like some tactical tasks to be added such as engagement, assault, or engage with fire. Map.army misses out a lot of NATO symbols, and it would make a great addition to add all them to the symbol set.

www.map.army

Apr 4, 2024, 8:27:47 AMApr 4
to www.map.army
Silly, thank you for your message and great to hear that you are using https://www.map.army.

Thank you for your request regarding the symbols in https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Military_Symbology_Guide.svg

We have to admit that we do not know the source of this ‘Quick Guide’. www.map.army and the backend web services which enable the military symbology base on MIL-STD-2525 Symbology Standards. Please check Chapter ‘MIL-STD-2525A’ in https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Joint_Military_Symbology. In the external links of the same Wikipedia article, you can find links to download the standards.

In short, we are fully compliant to MIL-STD-2525C. This builds the base line for interoperability between different Systems.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions on https://www.map.army.

Kind regards
Martin from the map.army team