Removing Pin/Locations

Christopher Kubasik

Feb 19, 2024, 10:54:03 AMFeb 19
to www.map.army
Hello,

Thanks for making this great product!

A question:

When I zoom in on an urban environment for 200m hexes, the map populates with dozens of location pins for stores, hotels, gas stations, and the like.

Is there any way to remove these pins and locations?

Thanks!

Christopher

www.map.army

Feb 19, 2024, 11:04:53 AMFeb 19
to www.map.army
Thank you for your message and great to hear that you are using https://www.map.army.

We do recommend to switch the map type:
map.army-switch-MapType.gif

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions on https://www.map.army.

Kind regards
Martin from the map.army team

Christopher Kubasik

Feb 19, 2024, 12:10:07 PMFeb 19
to www.map.army
Brilliant!
I was using roads, but OpenTopo should work well enough.
Thanks so much!
Christopher

PS it would be great if there was a printer friendly version (like Roads) without pins available.

Christopher Kubasik

Feb 20, 2024, 12:46:04 AMFeb 20
to www.map.army
Another question:

As far as I have been able to figure out so far, I can only export a map based on the size of my screen. (What I see on my screen is what gets saved and exported.)

This matters because I want to have my hexes (at 200m a hex), which means I'm zooming in tight on the area to have the hexes show up. However, I want a much larger area that I can print out.

Is there any way to a) have hexes, and b) have a larger area exported than is visible when one is zoomed in tight enough to see the hexes on the screen?

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Christopher

www.map.army

Mar 12, 2024, 11:34:15 AMMar 12
to www.map.army
Christopher, thank you for your question on export and printing in https://www.map.army.

Create and specify Hex-Grid
In the ‘Options’ menu you can select the Hex Grid as your coordinate grid. Below the pulldown you are able to set the size of your grids:
map.army-HexGrid-for-war-gaming.gif

Export and Print maps with Hex-Grid
Open the ‘Print map or Export to PDF’ menu. In this menu you are able to set the export area and the output format:
map.army-export-or-print.gif

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions on https://www.map.army.

Best Regards