SVG No longer render V2

Alexander Galarza

Nov 6, 2023, 6:14:02 PM11/6/23
to www.map.army
Hello,

I am on Google Chrome and was working on a project where im overlaying a local SVG file.
This worked fine until the last update to the website and now it no longer shows on the map anywhere.

www.map.army

Nov 7, 2023, 3:28:13 AM11/7/23
to www.map.army

Thank you for your message and great to hear that you are using https://www.map.army.

We have internally tried to reproduce the reported issue. Did you follow these steps to load the SVG as a Local Image Layer:
map.army-add-SVG-Image-Overlay.gif

Could you please send us the SVG should you still face the issue on your side. This would help us to reproduce the error you are facing.

Kind regards
Martin from the map.army team

Alexander Galarza

Nov 7, 2023, 3:38:55 PM11/7/23
to www.map.army
Hello Martin,
Not a problem, please see the below google drive link.
File was too large to attach directly.

Alexander Galarza

Nov 9, 2023, 8:41:21 PM11/9/23
to www.map.army
Hello,

Was my issue able to be reproduced?

Alexander Galarza

Nov 11, 2023, 11:25:18 PM11/11/23
to www.map.army
I did some of my own testing and there appears to be a size limit now.
My svg has the following width/height defined.
width="25600"
height="25600"

Changing these to a lower value like 5000 fixed the issue.
However this cuts off the image as expected. This used to not be an issue.

www.map.army

Nov 13, 2023, 5:49:44 AM11/13/23
to www.map.army
Alexander

Thank you for your message in regards to the loading of SVG (image overlay) in https://www.map.army.

We could reproduce the issue. You are correct the SVG is not rendered due to its size.
Depending on your CPU and GPU of your workstation the web application excludes overlays from being rendered to maintain the performance.

Questions
  1. On which version of https://www.map.army were you able to create the overlay you have sent?
  2. Did you have any hardware changes on your side?

Workaround
We are currently trying to find a solution of the issue. In the meantime, we recommend you to split the SVG in two or four smaller SVGs and add them as individual image layers. As an alternative you could also decrease the resolution of the SVG (half the resolution).

Alexander Galarza

Nov 16, 2023, 1:53:19 AM11/16/23
to www.map.army
Hello,

Sorry for the delay on my response.
The last time this SVG worked was back around the 1st of this month.
This was working after my last thread about SVGs not showing.

No hardware changes have occurred on my end.

www.map.army

Nov 17, 2023, 11:09:21 AM11/17/23
to www.map.army

Alexander

Thank you again for your message in regards to the loading of SVG (image overlay) in https://www.map.army.

We have just uploaded the latest version of the web application which includes the fix of the issue you have reported. Please verify on your side that you can use your image overlay again.

Alexander Galarza

Nov 18, 2023, 11:54:29 PM11/18/23
to www.map.army
Hello, it works great again.