exporting maps with hex grid

Carl Smeaton

Jun 9, 2023, 4:52:14 AM6/9/23
to www.map.army
Hi Everyone
Am trying to use the maps with the hex grid overlaid which works fine on the screen but how do I export the map as a jpg or pdf with the hex grid remaining? The export always seems to remove the grid and just give me the map itself?
Carl

www.map.army

Jun 9, 2023, 9:54:06 AM6/9/23
to www.map.army
Carl, thank you for your question and great to hear that you are using https://www.map.army.

We tried to reproduce the reported issue with missing coordinate grids (hex grids) in exports.
Did you select ‘Coordinate Grid’ in the Options of the ‘Print map or Export to PDF’ menu:
map.army-Export_HexGrid-Tutorial-min.gif

The generated PDF in our example does includes the coordinate grids:
map.army-Export_HexGrid-min.png

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should the issue still occur on your side.

Kind regards
Martin from the map.army team

Carl Smeaton

Jun 9, 2023, 12:35:23 PM6/9/23
to www.map.army
I did all that and I got the attached:

map-army-Export (7).jpg:

Carl Smeaton

Jun 9, 2023, 12:39:52 PM6/9/23
to www.map.army
ah just tried again with a different browser and it seems to work.  Is there a way to change the size of the text if you select hex labels and also change the numbering system so it isnt a series of 5 numbers?

www.map.army

Jun 12, 2023, 11:12:51 AM6/12/23
to www.map.army
Thank you for your answer and great to hear that the coordinate grids (hex grids) are visible in the exports.

> Is there a way to change the size of the text if you select hex labels and also change the numbering system so it isnt a series of 5 numbers?
We will look into this and check if we could add this options in a future version of https://www.map.army.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have further questions or ideas.