Last call for Drupal GovCon⏱

Kirsten Burgard

Oct 11, 2021, 6:14:44 PM10/11/21
to mil...@googlegroups.com
Starts Wednesday and this year, the event is using Hopin so you’ll need to register on Hopin for access.

Yes, the entire event is still—free.

View this email in your browser

It’s Finally Here! Drupal GovCon 2021

Ok, let’s do this thing. It’s time for Drupal GovCon, so let’s roll!

Please review this entire email for key logistical info about Drupal GovCon in Hopin -- we’re on a new virtual event platform called Hopin this year, so let’s get prepared together.

Code of conduct

All attendees are required to comply with our Code of Conduct as well as any agreements with the Drupal Community Working Group. Help us make sure the event is fun, safe, and a great environment for all attendees.
To report a violation during the event, please email drupa...@gmail.com. You can also send a direct message in Hopin or Slack to our Conference co-leads, Jess Dearie or Nneka Hector, to report any violations of the Code of Conduct or Community Working Group agreement.

Logistics

First things first:
  • Make sure you grab a ticket in Hopin for the event!
  • On our Hopin event page, click the “Join event” button and claim your free ticket.
  • Hopin is separate from your registration on drupalgovcon.org.
Get your Hopin ticket

Using Hopin

Our Hopin event page will go live at 6 a.m. ET on Wednesday morning with everything you need for the conference: keynotes, sessions, BOFs, networking, and sponsor booths. We encourage everyone to join us at 10:30 a.m. each day for virtual coffee networking!

Here’s a great video on how to use Hopin as an attendee:

Create your GovCon Schedule

Before Wednesday, you can view our full schedule in Sessionize and search by session title or speaker, and save your favorites ahead of time.

Once the Hopin event page goes live on Wednesday morning, you can also view a condensed version of the Schedule on the Reception tab by scrolling down past our sponsors. Here, you can search for sessions, filter by track, or add items to your agenda within Hopin for easy access during the event.
Decorative screenshot of Hopin schedule view

Sessions

SessionsTo join a session or BOF during the event, go to the Sessions tab within Hopin to see a list of active and upcoming sessions, then find the one you want to attend.

IMPORTANT: A scheduled session will not be listed in the Sessions tab until 5 minutes before the start time. If you don’t see the session you want listed, check the time and come back right before it’s ready to begin.

Keynotes

StageAt 1 PM ET each day, go to the Stage tab to watch our fantastic keynotes. Use the Stage Chat to ask your questions during the talks.

Make sure you add all the keynotes to your schedule so you don’t miss a moment of Drupal GovCon this year!

So, You Are Taking Training

First, there are some spots left, so check out the Training page or the links in this email. The Password for trainings is DGCTRAIN2021.

Wednesday, October 13th

Thursday, October 14th

Friday, October 15th

Now, make sure you have received the Hopin room link from your instructors before class time, and keep an eye out for additional instructions from your Instructor.

One-on-One Networking

NetworkingWe know that some of the best experiences at Drupal GovCon occur in hallway conversations. And while we can't provide a physical hallway, we are providing a digital one!

Use the Networking tab in Hopin and click the “Join” button to be randomly paired with someone else in the virtual hallway for a 3-minute conversation. If you want to keep the conversation going, just hit the “Extend” button!

Want to catch up with a friend? You can also meet with specific attendees in Hopin. Click on their name in the chat, or find them in the People tab.
Hopin networking: People tab
From their profile, you can send them a message, invite them to a video call right then, or schedule a meeting for later in the conference (Friday evening at the latest).
Networking: Contact options

Sponsor Expo Booths

ExpoDo you miss walking down the row of GovCon sponsor tables, meeting their Drupal experts and seeing what services they have to offer? Well, they’re back this year in virtual form!

Go to the Expo tab to visit different sponsor booths, ask questions live or in chat, and learn about sponsor products and services.

Birds of a Feather

We will be having virtual Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions, so think about those topics you want to flock together over. Check out our Birds of a Feather page to see what’s being offered, or to schedule your own!

SessionsDuring the event, the BoFs will appear in the Sessions tab (filter by the “BOF” tag) 5 minutes before they’re scheduled to start. Up to 20 people at once can talk and share their screen, and more can watch and participate via chat..
View and schedule BoFs

And Now, a Word from a Sponsor...

BixalBixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business, determined to make an impact on people's lives everywhere. We take a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges and gracefully balance cutting-edge technical abilities with a deep sense of empathy and understanding — relentlessly focusing on positive outcomes — weaving it all together with a unique agility that permeates across our organization.
Dynamic Drupal Development
  • Direct support of the United States Web Design System (USWDS) and its components
  • Working with thought leaders in the Drupal community and beyond
  • Recently placed #1,492 on Inc. Magazine's 2021 Inc. 5000 list
  • Ranked in the top 30% of America's fastest-growing private companies
  • Frequently hosting developer meetups and participating in tech events

Come Work With Us!

We're actively hiring talented developers, designers and creatives. If you share our sense of purpose and are interested in exploring opportunities with Bixal, visit our careers page or email us directly at tal...@bixal.com.

Hopin Questions? Technical Difficulties?

For help with Hopin, please explore the interface, review Hopin's Master the Attendee Experience guide, read our FAQ or watch this short video

If you still need help or have another question, please reach out to an event organizer with the chat feature in Hopin (search the Event > People tab for “ORGANIZER” and look for a green icon to find an active organizer) or use the Drupal Slack #drupal-govcon channel.

Volunteer at DGC!

Leslie Knope dancingVolunteers are an important part of Drupal GovCon, and they do a variety of activities, from assisting attendees navigate the online sessions to Hopin room monitoring. You also get the benefit of meeting new people, and hopefully - new friends.  Plus, we can't do this without you!

Visit the Drupal GovCon Volunteer page to find information on Volunteer Roles and to add yourself to this year’s volunteer schedule.  Pick the days and times that work best for you.

We can’t do this without you!

Volunteer

And now for Something Entirely Different: Social Events...

Game Night: Thursday, Oct. 14, 7-9 PM ET

Grab your favorite snacks and join us in Hopin for a virtual game night.  We'll have Trivia, Scattergories, Among Us and more! Introduce yourself in the Gamer Lounge before jumping into some of our game rooms!

Join Game Night in Hopin

Thursday, October 14 5pm - 8pm EDT

Ahoy, DC Area Drupalers!

Taoti Boat PartyYou are cordially invited to join the Taoti Creative crew after Drupal GovCon conference for our infamous, annual floating afterparty!

This is a FREE event, but you MUST BE VACCINATED to attend. You must also register (so that we have the ability to contact trace if need be.)

So, if you are local and Vacced, come on out to the Georgetown Waterfront for the Annual Boat Party.
Tickets for Boat Party

Sponsor Drupal GovCon 2022

For more information on DGC 2022 sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to our fundraising and development department and sign up for their newsletter.
Sign up for our Sponsorship Newsletter

And YES, the Drupal GovCon Store Is Open

We have great t-shirt designs from Karl Kaufmann. So, what if you could get one of those designs on a new mask, T-shirt or tote before AND after Drupal GovCon? Well, we got you!

Order today and you can be sipping coffee during our next webinar from your very own Drupal GovCon Mug.

Buy DGC Merch
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube
Website
Drupal GovCon, a production of Drupal4Gov, is made possible by our wonderful sponsors and volunteers. Graciously hosted by the NIH Library.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list