Training & education on open source software (OSS) topics from the Linux Foundation

David A. Wheeler

Sep 9, 2021, 1:41:15 PM9/9/21
to mil...@googlegroups.com
As most of you know, I now work at The Linux Foundation (LF).

I’ve learned that the LF has tons of training & education courses/certifications related to open source software,
yet I suspect a lot of people here don’t know about them. I know I didn’t. Below (in “details”) I list examples.

If anyone here is interested, feel free to just sign up for a course. Also, if you think your
organization would want a bunch of them, a subscription is probably cheaper (it’s a bulk discount).
The subscription can be a good deal (unlimited training + 2 exams/year) for organizations
but they have a minimum 50 seats, so you have to set them up ahead of time.

I’m particular to the set of courses I developed,
"Secure Software Development Fundamentals Courses"
Learning from that set of courses is free; if you want a certificate to prove you learned it,
you can pay to try to earn a certificate.

--- David A. Wheeler

====.Details ====

The page https://training.linuxfoundation.org/ has a course catalog.
Sample topics:
- Blockchain (Hyperledger)
- Cloud/Containers (Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry)
- DevOps and Site Reliability
- Embedded (Linux and Android)
- GraphQL
- Linux System and Administration
- Networking/NFV/SDN (ONAP, OpenDaylight, and OPNFV)
- Web Development (including NodeJS)
- Open Source Policy Office (OSPO) Management and Strategy Series

k goodier

Sep 9, 2021, 2:40:35 PM9/9/21
to mil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much!

Dr. K Goodier

www.mil-oss.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Military Open Source Software (Mil-OSS)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mil-oss/FCDC95CE-DDFE-4EED-A319-24354E6B4D8C%40dwheeler.com.
--
Dr. Katherine Goodier