Fwd: Spread the word! FedGeoDay is coming November 3!

John Scott

Oct 4, 2022, 3:27:06 PM10/4/22
to mil...@googlegroups.com

On October 4, 2022 at 3:25:17 PM, Christopher Tucker (tuc...@americangeo.org) wrote:

Beautiful Friends of Geography!

I promise that sometime soon we will resume our regular DC happy hours, but until then…

FedGeoDay 2022 is back! In person! November 3, 2022!

Sign up at https://www.fedgeo.us/

FedGeoDay is back, live and in-person!

  • This one-half day event is from 1:00pm to 5:00pm (doors open at 12:00).

  • Tickets are Free for .gov, .mil, .org and .edu attendees

  • At the beautiful Dept. of the Interior Yates Auditorium in downtown Washington, DC

  • Networking reception to follow

  • Optional workshops and training in the morning

Panels include:

  • OpenStreetMap & open mapping for building federal programs

  • Open geospatial science for advancing human security

  • Open Source Software for Federal programs in 2022

Our Keynote features Pete Doucette of Earth Resources and Observation Science (EROS) Center, talking about “Frontiers of Open Land Imaging for Data Science” on the 50th anniversary of Landsat.

Just added, workshops and training sessions on:

  • The Opportunity Project Sprint Adaptability Workshop

  • Introduction to GeoNode training

  • Modern data dissemination with GeoServer training